Live tracking service - let's start

Started by Menion, February 11, 2016, 17:46:31

lor74cas

Hello, I'm using with pleasure the function of Live tracking and noticed that the icon of the person you're tracking persists even after it has disabled the tracking or sometimes you see the icon of an old position. It would be very useful in my opinion give a value to the point with a ranking based on the colors, something like this: green icon detected from less than a minute, from one minute to 5 yellow, red from 5 to 10 min, black over the 10 minutes. So just take a look to find out how old is the position shown on the map.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

balloni55

why i see different information in tracker detail?
settings??

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Sorry balloni, don't understand. Once more please.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

second attempt ;)
i´m watching trackers on VM, at same time i run tracker on my device sitting on sofa 8)

on left side of screenshot you see my tracker details from my device, on right side you see tracker details of another user, in these details i miss 3 infos: hight, speed and azimuth.
I found no setting where user can set what values are presented and so i didn´t understand difference for now :-[

better?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Ah oki ... is on both devices running GPS? No ... so are you on both devices using same simulator? If values are available, they are also displayed, simple. So if you run some simulator on VM, there is probably no speed etc. So they are not visible in detail on your device.
  •  

gynta

Last valid place symbol

plz don't simplify icon @ zoom 10

Menion

Ah, it's enabled (simplification) by default for all points. For other users, I use special setitngs that disable for all of them simplification. In case of this single "last valid location", it's not so simple - funny ( humor of developers, just ignore it).

Is it really needed? This point should really serve as a backup point in case of need, so simplified version should not be a problem here. Or did I miss something?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on May 16, 2016, 21:59:50
This point should really serve as a backup point in case of need
And IF i need? How should i find?  ;D

The next one
See attached:
After add new point on same place with Last valid place symbol and delete - don't ask me why I do this  ;) - I can't select the new last valid place symbol.
Seems you use same ID, isn't it?

Menion

Aaaah and why you do this?? :). I'll check it ... interesting.
  •  

gynta

Quoteadd: Locus Live Tracking displays source and accuracy of users' location as small accuracy circle below icon
I see the "accuracy circle below icon" - but what means source of users' location?

Menion

Problem with "why you do it" fixed, thanks :).

"Accuracy circles" - source is GPS - green circle, Network (wi-fi, BTS,...) - orange circle, otherwise grey circle
  •  

alf

Hello

Many thanks for this live tracking.
It is fast (no need to wait a long time between the start of live tracking in Locus) compared to GPSies.

A feature that I have been unable to figure out is how to display on the Locus live tracking web page map any information other than the user name (for example the latitude and longitude of the user).

As the map doesn't seem to display the coordinate grid, I have not been able to find a way to know the coordinates of the displayed user position.
It is highly possible that I am an idiot and cannot figure out how to display the coordinates.

But if this is not the case, will it be possible for a future implementation of the web page to display the coordinates when pointing to the position icon ?

This will be very useful in the following case:
The locus user is considered by the user follower as injured (the follower has no news, the user has not arrived to destination, etc...)
The user-follower (wife, son, friend...) is able to use the Locus live tracking  web site and see the last known user position on the map.
The map doesn't really give a clear and obvious hint about the user coordinates (for example, the user is on an area with little markers like large water body or a vast snow plain).
The user-follower wants to give the last known user position coordinates to rescue services,
If the user-follower had a displayed grid on the map, or if the latitude and longitude were displayed together with the user name, the user-follower will then be able to give the latitude and longitude of the last user position to the rescue services.

Thanks and regards

Alf
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: alf on February 19, 2017, 12:10:26
Hello

Many thanks for this live tracking.
It is fast (no need to wait a long time between the start of live tracking in Locus) compared to GPSies.

A feature that I have been unable to figure out is how to display on the Locus live tracking web page map any information other than the user name (for example the latitude and longitude of the user).

As the map doesn't seem to display the coordinate grid, I have not been able to find a way to know the coordinates of the displayed user position.
It is highly possible that I am an idiot and cannot figure out how to display the coordinates.

But if this is not the case, will it be possible for a future implementation of the web page to display the coordinates when pointing to the position icon ?

This will be very useful in the following case:
The locus user is considered by the user follower as injured (the follower has no news, the user has not arrived to destination, etc...)
The user-follower (wife, son, friend...) is able to use the Locus live tracking  web site and see the last known user position on the map.
The map doesn't really give a clear and obvious hint about the user coordinates (for example, the user is on an area with little markers like large water body or a vast snow plain).
The user-follower wants to give the last known user position coordinates to rescue services,
If the user-follower had a displayed grid on the map, or if the latitude and longitude were displayed together with the user name, the user-follower will then be able to give the latitude and longitude of the last user position to the rescue services.

Thanks and regards

Alf
Hello,
You can easily solve it using locus pro where you can see everyone who has live tracking on and using the features of locus you can obtain the coordinates.

But what you want on the live tracking web page was requested also for locus pro live tracking. So why do not show when you click or touch the icon of a user:
Alias
Coordinates
(Time from start of live tracking)
Distance
Time from start
Pace
Altitude gain
Someone asked also for Hart rate if I remember

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Haggi

I do use Locus Live Tracking amongst my fellow geocachers and track/route buddies, but for safety and contact with family I use a sms service. My family got iphones, sms is perfect for anti-nerdy family members.

App is called DRADIS https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.prototypezero.dradis

Its exactly the service for my needs and comes with a handy widget... I would love to see Locus with same functionality!
This reply is not meant to promote anything, just own experience about important subject.

Just my 5 cent..
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Haggi on February 19, 2017, 23:48:40
I do use Locus Live Tracking amongst my fellow geocachers and track/route buddies, but for safety and contact with family I use a sms service. My family got iphones, sms is perfect for anti-nerdy family members.

App is called DRADIS https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.prototypezero.dradis

Its exactly the service for my needs and comes with a handy widget... I would love to see Locus with same functionality!
This reply is not meant to promote anything, just own experience about important subject.

Just my 5 cent..
I agree for the SMS service I created a tasker profile for this. It should be great to have it in locus.

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •