Live tracking service - let's start

Started by Menion, February 11, 2016, 17:46:31

Siftersam

I registered so I could say thank you for this new feature. Once we have the 'Groups' option Locus is perfect.

Great work, all the development is appreciated.
  •  

gynta

Menion

- disabled simplification of icons at low zoom levels
- better refresh of point screen when users location change (still not perfect)
- and some small optimization on background
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

What about to see also the message by "on hover" or in "pop up"?
Currently we see only the nick and have to tap, to read messages.

Quote from: menion on February 11, 2016, 17:46:31
For now, we do not need feedback with requests of a new features. Own plans are already defined. When feature became working as we wants, then we may discuss about another improvements.
i know...  ::)

Menion

Quote from: gynta on March 19, 2016, 15:35:57
What about to see also the message by "on hover" or in "pop up"?
Currently we see only the nick and have to tap, to read messages.

I was also thinking about it, but if this is needed will show time. Because currently you sit home and play with it. It needs to be tested in the field to see if message is really so interesting.
  •  

Neoaliphant

Hi
I know there is a feature request freeze but just to clarify on a planned feature, it would be really good if the simple webpage part didnt require login, or if it could be set to a specific user centered on them, this would be really usefull as currently Gyntas system does this perfectly and as we can only have one livetracking service at a time, i wouldnt be able to change over for daily use untill it does.

Thanks Menion
Al
  •  

gynta

Hello Menion
Now, two month later...
Any news about "Features planned" ?

Menion

Work in progress as usually ... ask me few months later, as usually ;)
  •  

gynta

Q:
Customized live tracking needs a update time X, a moving distance X and a accuracy value to send an successful point.
What conditions are needed in Locus live tracking?

gynta

Q:
Quotewe are currently working on an extensions called "Rooms", where only owner of created "room" will define who will be there, so who will see you and other people in same room. This feature will be available to everyone with small monthly fee. Work is in progress, estimate release to public is till end of May if all went well.

1. means LoCoins, right?
2. So, to enter the "room" i will also need PRO AND LoCoins?

Menion

1. yep
2. nope. I was thinking about it, but in the end I found it too ... usually known as "milch-cow", which I do not want :). So only user who wants to create and manage private room will need this "paid access". But all invited users should use Locus Map Free without any problems and without payments. So for example only one user in group of friends needs to have Locus Map with this paid access. All other don't have to care about. At least this is a version we are working on it. It may change, but should not.

EDIT: ah, your previous question: you define just a refresh time, because this is only parameter that is considered. Because every refresh means not just a sending location, but also receiving other locations (other users), it needs to be done even if you don't move.
  •  

Andrew Heard

and access via website? this is most likely method for other friends/ family wanting to track my position rather than using Locus app sorry
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Patience please. "Private rooms" is current task, access to tracking out of Locus as you wants, is next in row.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Andrew Heard on April 21, 2016, 01:15:33
and access via website? this is most likely method for other friends/ family wanting to track my position rather than using Locus app sorry
+1
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

joeloc

Could we also request the live positions as a KML? Either for one single user or for a group or room or whatever? Then we could provide simple google earth / google maps / gpsvisualizer / gpsies / godknowswhat links to friends & family... no need for a Locus map web service.
  •