Error 2 when trying to download map

Started by Jooo, January 28, 2016, 17:31:15

Jooo

Hi there!

I have the newest locusmap pro version. When i try to download the bought map "outdooractive-summer-austria-villach land" i get the error 2. Can anybody help?

Greetings
Jooo
  •  

Menion

Good day Jooo,

sorry for a troubles. May you try to download your map tomorrow again? Issue 2 usually means some temporary problem on remove server - in this case on Outdoor Active server.

If issue will be still there, I'll try to download same map and test it more on own device.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Jooo

Hi!

Of course i waited a day, after reading the error message. But now i'm trying to download the map for about 5 days. Could you please have a look ...

Thanks
Jooo
  •  

Menion

Good day Jooo,

I was just trying to download mentioned map and on my device it went without any problems. So it seems that on OutdoorActive server, all is OK.

I have anyway an idea ... isn't your device disconnecting from internet when screen turns off? May you try to disable timer that turns screen off and try download again? Thanks
  •  

Jooo

Screen is always on, when error occurs - that's not the problem.
  •  

Menion

Good day Jooo,

sorry for a delay.

In this case, may you please try it once more and right after failure create a log with this method? http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_create_debug_log . Thank you.

If we will not be able to fix this problem, I'll of course refund your order. Anyway I would like to at least try it if you don't mind. Thank you!
  •  

Jooo

Hi Menion!

I tried to create a log, everything seems to work, but even after one hour i got no log. Maybe cause the app doesn't crash at all. It works fine. I downloaded BaseMaps, MAP1EU- maps, LoMaps (<- I love most) and Freytag und Berndt- maps. Everything works great - fantastic app. Only the Villach-Land maps from outdooractive download doesn't work. It starts to download, creates the map but a few seconds after download started -> Error2: "problem on the remote server please try later" After that, too files remain in the outdooractive maps folder:  "Villach... qlitedb" 24kb and "Villach...journal" 8,5kb.

Not so bad - now i prefer the LoMaps. So the 300 Locus Points are gone. Also not too bad.

Thanks anyway
Jooo
  •  

voldapet

Hello Jooo,

I'm sorry but it seems that we can not solve your issue because on our devices everything works fine. We also can not prepare some custom map package because map has to be downloaded on your device. Please send me PM with your email (google account) you use in Locus Store and I'll refund LoCoins for Villach map.

Thank you for understanding
Petr
  •  

Jooo

Thatks a lot voldapet!

Sorry was away a while.
Sent you PM. All other maps i tried are working - mmmh - only this one. But as i told LoMaps are my favorite now...
Great app.

Greetings
Jooo
  •  

Jooo

•  

Menion

Thanks for understaning Jooo and Petr for help with testing. Unfortunately as Petr wrote, we both were not able to simulate your problem. So at least partial "solution". LoCoins are never lost :).
  •  

Jooo

I'm sure i'll need my LoCoins - from holydays to holydays ...   :)

Thanks
Jooo
  •