[APP] - version 3.15.x (27. 1. 2016+)

Started by Menion, January 27, 2016, 17:18:02

Viajero Perdido

Hill shading is important to me.

I may have to stop upgrading if the slowness makes its way from beta into a regular release.  Thanks for the warning.
  •  

jajaballard

Ok, I take a look at the new hillshade. It realy look better, special in lower zoom levels.
But I agree to the answers before: It is mutch to slow, compared to what we have today.

Gruß
Ralf
vom Schmartfon
  •  

Christian

Can somebody please post a screenshot of new hillshading for non-beta-testers? Thanx.
  •  

gynta

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Christian

•  

Fifi

@Christian : and for me ...

•  

john_percy

For me, the new hill shading is far too dark and obscures detail in mountainous regions.
1. Pro | 2. Beta
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

jusc

yes much  too dark, the Alps look like Modor.  ;D
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Thanks for opinions.

Result: little lighter, compare to current public version is shading itself around 40% faster (previously 0.23 sec per 512x512 tile, not 0.14 sec). That's much I can get from it now. If this won't be enough, I'll consider some caching options.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

At the Moment I can only test with Note 2. For me the speed is sufficient. nothing I can´t wait for.

Dark:
If I zoom out to 11 the darkness of shading is ok, looks nice. but if you zoom in to 14 or 15 it´s a bit too dark.
Is it pssible to make a slider as for  overlays, that users can set it for their own?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Hmm if we find some collective agreement, I may code different "darkness" for various zoom levels. It's not an unreal task. I usually rather wait on some field testing. So if you don't mind, wait on new 3.16.0 version and use it for a while. If after week or two, more people will agree that some changes in darkness will be useful, I'll do it.

And slider - I hope that such extra settings won't be really needed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jajaballard

Jeep, different darkness according zoom level would be also fine for me.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: menion on March 07, 2016, 11:50:45
I usually rather wait on some field testing. So if you don't mind, wait on new 3.16.0 version and use it for a while. If after week or two, more people will agree that some changes in darkness will be useful, I'll do it.

That is ok for me.
Regards J.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: menion on March 07, 2016, 11:50:45I may code different "darkness" for various zoom levels.
While you're in there...   If you extended the shading to zoom level 17, even a little bit of it, I'd be a happy camper.
  •