The error message at start appears again:

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

@gynta: thanks, damn, fixed

@tramp20: hmm may you post here also screenshot of your settings of Locus directories (menu > settings > misc ...) + screenshots of custom map directories (menu > maps > '+' > External maps)? Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jajaballard

Ok here are my Screenshots
. .

Hope this helps you

Gruß
Ralf
vom Schmartfon

•  

Menion

Hmm thanks.

So if I understand correctly, your "maps" and "mapsVector" directory are same and you also added same "A_Maps" directory as external directory? So you point on same place from three various methods where all should be unique? Hmm oki ...

EDIT: oki, I was finally able to simulate this problem and "fix" it, thanks for help
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: menion on March 05, 2016, 07:41:47
@tramp20: hmm may you post here also screenshot...

You notice the difference in the paths between "maps" and "MapsVector"? They are both on my external card.

If I want to change the maps dir I get this picture where I can select the path in the first line:

If I want to change the mapsVector dir I get a complete different picture to select the path:

I assume this is not intended but it is the same in the pro version.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: menion on March 05, 2016, 11:34:09
Hmm thanks.

So if I understand correctly, your "maps" and "mapsVector" directory are same and you also added same "A_Maps" directory as external directory? So you point on same place from three various methods where all should be unique? Hmm oki ...

EDIT: oki, I was finally able to simulate this problem and "fix" it, thanks for help

And it does not only appear when directory "pointers" are the same. I have Maps and mapsVector separated, but still have the problem. Glad you found it, and looking forward to he fix.
  •  

john_percy

New beta version today redraws much more slowly than current pro version. Is it the hill shading?
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

yep, around two times slower now ...
  •  

Christian

Oh no. Are you going to improve this before final release???
  •  

john_percy

The release notes said this was an improvement!
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Improve - we will see. Not so simple now. And "Improvements" - well, compare how it looked before and how it looks now. This is what I call improvement.
  •  

balloni55

with raster maps since now i didn´t noticed delay of displayed map while zoom or shift, now tiles load slowly, it depends on new "map shading"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on March 06, 2016, 15:32:04
Improve - we will see. Not so simple now. And "Improvements" - well, compare how it looked before and how it looks now. This is what I call improvement.
I remember last year when you changed algorithm for redrawing maps and it was a little bit slower. Was not happy with that.
This year it is gonna be 2x slower. :(
When you make an improvement for a function (shading) but another function is more worse than before (velocity of redrawing) its not an improvement of the package (Locus) its a change...
So i hope you will continue to develope on velocity to avoid of slowing down
  •  

Fifi

Hill shading display slower : after several test, sorry to say that, but the hill shading function is no more usable for me as is at this time. Too slow. It's a shame :'(  . For me, if i had the choice, i would prefer to choose the old hill shading processing way and be able to use it. Hmmm having the choice between old and new style in the settings menu is imaginable ?  My device : Samsung SM-G800F (Galaxy S5 Mini) .
  •