[APP] - version 3.15.x (27. 1. 2016+)

Started by Menion, January 27, 2016, 17:18:02

Menion

And these are vector maps or some downloaded online maps? You have added directory with these maps as "Own directory" directly in map manager or you set this directory as default for vector maps in Locus settings?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jajaballard

Hi Menion,
these maps are vektor maps only (OAM)
I set this directory as default for vector maps in Locus settings.

Regards
Ralf
  •  

michaelbechtold

Same map load error problem, but only in Beta, Pro works like a charm.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: michaelbechtold on February 27, 2016, 01:53:22
Same map load error problem, but only in Beta, Pro works like a charm.

Same here.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

michaelbechtold

Also found in Beta, that Quick Map Switch does no longer care about the visible map - it just lists kind of history of maps viewed. No longer nearest maps.
  •  

ta-ka

Locus 3.15.3.2 doesn't skip device's lock screen even if "Disable screen lock" is checked. Please confirm that.
  •  

Menion

Hi,

problems with maps ... because I did some more changes, I'm unable to simulate it now. So hope it's fixed for now.

@michaelbechtold: as I know, nothing should change in Quick Map Switch

@ta-ka: are you using secured lock screen (you need to enter pin or pattern to unlock)? Then it probably do not work anymore as you noticed. There were some issues with secured lock screen. Anyway if you are using basic non-secured lock screen, all should work as previously.
  •  

ta-ka

Hi menion,
Yes. I use pattern lock when I'm not at home. I like "Disable screen lock" function because it gives very quick access to Locus by just turn on the screen while keeping the security of the other apps at the same time. As you mentioned, "Disable screen lock" works with non-secured lock screen. However in this case, the advantage in security is lost because no apps are protected any more. What are some issues by the way? I personally don't have major issue so far.  A minor issue is that the lock screen is sometimes shown in short time between screen transition.
  •  

Menion

Hello,

just from last few days http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/locus-pro-freezes-after-screen-offon , anyway it is quite common problem. It is not allowed for programmers to completely disable protected lock screen. It's only possible to move a single screen from own application before this lock screen, but "lock  screen" remains active when you move from this one screen to any other app or other screen. Unfortunately, but quite logically I think.
  •  

Čelda

I am currently using Locus in heavy load on our summer holiday :-) and to my suprise I have found out that an existing wpt under a geocache cannot be changed ! It looks like it can but the coordinates are not being updated in 3.15.3 ! This definitely worked OK in the past but now an issue with refresh could have occurred. Adding a completely new wpt works OK.
  •  

ta-ka

@menion
Thanks for the link. I've understood the situation and I'll accept new behaviour of the "Disable screen lock" function.
  •  

Menion

@Čelda: are we talking about waypoints from internal database?

@ta-ka: thanks, appreciate it.
  •  

Čelda

>@Čelda: are we talking about waypoints from internal database?
The geocaches were downloaded in Geoget, expoted as a GPX file and imported into Locus.
  •  

Menion

Hmm for my own surprise, it works fine for me. So I need as usually ... exact step by steps, how to simulate it, or a video that should this process. Thanks
  •  

Čelda

Well, I have reimpoted the geocaches from the GPX file into Locus and everything is OK now  ::)
So apparently there was an error but a more complicated one than it seemed to be. So let it be for now.

It might have something to do with an unpleasant feature I observe on my Lenovo Android 5.1 device:
I keep my phone unlocked when running Locus (Nastavení - Obrazovka - Vypnout uzamčení obrazovky) . However, when I want to edit a wpt setting (eg. coordinates) the Locus dialogue window does not override the phone lock - nothing appears till I switch to the Android desktop, unlock the phone and switch back.

•