Map sources removed from Locus - a disaster!

Started by svartbjorn, April 15, 2011, 13:13:34

jusc

Hi Menion,
head up, why thinking about this? The "providers.xml solution" is a good one. Users can implemet and use it at their own risk. And if you get no answer, maybe it´s allowed....
In Germany there is a saying "Who asks a lot, gets a lot of answers"  ;)

J.
Regards J.
  •  

berkley

Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

you're really crazy :D

edit: few suggestions

1. may the name be similar to addons? like Locus - addon Map Tweak?
2. you're missing icon in application list. you have to place this icon at least into res/drawable and define it in manifest (maybe you have already there some icon.png so just replace it)
3. when I deleted custom directory, your tweaker cannot find locus. You have to count that many people will not have this custom directory created!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Betonar

It say: You don't have Locus. Please get it from the market and return here leter.
I don't need it, I have maps I need downloaded....
  •  

berkley

@menion i know, thanks for tips. fixed. ;)

@betonar try new version please...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Betonar

Same
  •  

LosBrinkos

Maybe it is time to forget closed map sources such as Google etc.
Lets turn to Openstreetmap (OSM).
It is true that in some areas of the world OSM has not the coverage as google has, but you can change that yourself!
Checkout: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Editing  and update Openstreetmap in your area and we don't need Google anymore!
Menion keep on the good work!
  •  

marlar

Actually, where I was on vacation in Turkey OSM had a lot better coverage than Google! So I solely used OSM.
  •  

femto

@berkley: How do you determine the path to the maps directory?

On my SGS it's totally wrong, the error box says "/mnt/sdcard/ecternal_sd", but it should be "/mnt/sdcard/external_sd". To make it even more worse, I can see a new directory on my SD card called "/mnt/sdcard/external_se".
  •  

berkley

@femto: OMG... have to check spelling mistakes :P I guess you can delete "SE" directory... This happens when you work late at night... sorry!

@Betonar: What phone do you have? And can you tell me the Locus location? something like "/mnt/sdcard/Locus". For example where your exported tracks are saved...
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

Betonar

I don't have any experience with Linux but Astro shows /sdcard/Locus
GT540 Opt.
  •  

berkley

Betonar, please try version 1.1.5 from market...

I really can't believe, this doesn't work for you...
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

Betonar

Works!
  •  

berkley

do you have email notification activated on that thread? :D
you're reacting extrem fast!
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

Betonar

Always;-)
  •