Some off-road wishes

Started by Andrey1234, April 15, 2011, 08:34:18

Andrey1234

Hi! (sorry for my English :) )
Excellent app!
Very  serious and  well done app, with user-friendly interface and good support!
Great thanks !

Some off-road wishes:

1. Please, don't remove the support of *.tar files. Because it's the simple method to load  self-made maps on Locus.
2. It's necessary to add at least one more step  for "Zoom Out". (When "The button of  blocking of new loading " is pushed,  only one step "Zoom Out" is available.) This is necessary  for the big self-made maps.    
3. This function will be in demand: New separate panel with two arrows (forward and back), which allows to immediately (one click) switch between two (or more) needed maps (selected before).
4. Great addition for off-road users: Separate panel with five (or six) different colours buttons (or preloaded icons) which provide you to put on the way points with ONE CLICK! (for example: "red mark" on dangerous part of  road! (Because no time to open any windows))
5. Yandex Satellite. High resolution satellite pictures  is available now on this site. Please fix the setting  in Locus.
6. Tracks import. Support of original colors with import will be nice.

Thank you.

Our  features: Full Off-road funs, excavation archeology.
Moscow, Russia
  •  

golgot

+1 for map switching (maybe can you use another phone hardware button like photo button,?) or during a long press on map button?
  •  

Menion

nice wishlist :) I'll think about it ... anyway quick answer
1. map support will remain, don't worry ...
5. after today update, all similar maps was removed. More here http://locus.asamm.cz/?p=302. So if you want to see yandex maps in locus, you should write request on yandex map provider as I wrote on mentioned page.
6. hmm when you import kml file, style from "style" attribute should work! if not, please send me some kml file. About gpx, this do not containt any color or width information or yes? if so, also, please send me some sample file.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrey1234

Hi
1. Ok :)
5. I see. (( Especially now the off-road part of your program will be in demand )).
6. I created 3 tracks ( *.klm ) in Google Earth and sent them on your e-mail. In Google Earth they have different colors, but in Locus they  missing their colors.  
(my device: Htc Incredible S, Android 2.2, Locus 1.4.3.)
  •  

anon1

+1 for map switching.

Two wishes:
(1) When I switch from one offline map (say, at zoom level x) to another map, can the second map be initialized to the zoom level closest to x? Currently, it is initialized to x if it exists, else it is min-zoom. If x > max-zoom for the second map, can we initialize it to max-zoom instead?
(2) If I open the "user-maps" tab when viewing an offline map, can you automatically scroll the list of available maps to center on the currently open map? I name my maps so that all maps for the same area are listed together, so map switching becomes easy (2 clicks only).
  •