Blog post about major version: blog post
Detailed list of news: list of news

17.12.2015 - Locus 3.14.0 - new version

22.12.2015 - Locus 3.14.1 - bugfix version

05.01.2016 - Locus 3.14.2 - bugfix version

14.01.2016 - Locus 3.14.2.4 - Beta version

21.01.2016 - Locus 3.14.2.5 - Beta version, Release candidate
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

Nice design. I like it.

File association gpx with Locus is gone :(
No app is linked just now. How to fix it?
  •  

Menion

Gone? Like you tap in any file browser (which?) on GPX file and Locus is not in offer? There were no change in this system, weird.
  •  

Christian

Tried it with Total Conmander and OI Filemanager. Nothing was installed or deinstalled. Really strange if you have changed nothing within Locus.
  •  

balloni55

for me it work with ES-dateiexplorer and android standartexplorer
QuoteTried it with Total Conmander
with TC for me was set Osmand to open .gpx, reset data in Osmand didn´t help.
So i open TC > menue/Konfigurieren/Interne Verknüpfung/.gpx > locus pro
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

tap GPX > import to Locus still OK for me with ES File Manager
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

jusc

I tried to use a svg cursor, ic_rotate_arrow.svg. but it won´t shown. Shown is a standard cursor
Is it implemented?
Regards J.
  •  

john_percy

Just to say I do not like the new monochrome icons, particularly in the Settings menu where so many seem the same, even the ones that are different.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@Christian: hmm it ever worked directly over TC (import)? Because TC sends incorrect request where is missing mimetype for a selected file, so Locus is not registered for such generic request.

@jusc: SVG cursors are not yet implemented. We have discuss about it, but I've not yet done it

@john_percy: please wait a while, few weeks/months. I personally needs to test it in the field and others probably also. As I wrote somewhere before - guy (graphics) convinces me about united monochrome design for all icons (some exceptions, I know), but I also agree that colored was ... well "nice" :). So a while for testing, then we will see if i should convince him back to colored icons.

EDIT: @christian ... hmm system for registration of application to be a "receiver" for various clicks like this, is really really complex. In my code it is an xml file long 110 lines and this is just registration for GPX/KML/KMZ file. I have found that removing one line "fix" this problem and Locus appear even for Total commander events. I should change it to next Beta version, just please test it and let me know if something will work differently or won't work at all. Thanks
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
In Locus Store (pro 3.14.0) I have this on two smartphones:

But in Locus free on the same phone I get:

The last screenshot is correct.
What can I do to solve this?

Thank you for the new versions.

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

Hmm and both versions use same root directory (probably yes) and both use same account in Locus Store?

•  

tramp20

Quote from: menion on December 18, 2015, 12:21:20
Hmm and both versions use same root directory (probably yes) and both use same account in Locus Store?

2x yes.

And after intensive checking of all path settings the free version shows now the same incorrect "no valid data" :-(
At least consequent.

All purchases are correct shown in the store so I am logged in with my  sole account.

PS. My Locus installations on Genymotion have the same behavior.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

slarti76

I know, it's a little pointless to discuss about whether the new icons are "good" or "bad" - just a couple things:

• The folder icon (Points and Tracks screens) looks kinda wrong, like a alpha channel mask. I would prefer an outline version, not solid black.
  • Now that you're designing new icons, I think it would be about time to finally have separate icons for "Points (Data screen)" and "Points of interes (beta)"...
  • I'm with Andrew on the settings screen: All icons look rather similar because the cogwheel is the defining image element. If you want to keep the cogwheel, why not turn it around: Have an overlying cogwheel over what is now the part to the lower right.And here, also, are three identical icons, which confises.
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on December 18, 2015, 12:14:45
EDIT: @christian ... hmm system for registration of application to be a "receiver" for various clicks like this, is really really complex. In my code it is an xml file long 110 lines and this is just registration for GPX/KML/KMZ file. I have found that removing one line "fix" this problem and Locus appear even for Total commander events. I should change it to next Beta version, just please test it and let me know if something will work differently or won't work at all. Thanks
Menion, can you please send me the xml file - if its possible to merge it into existing Locus installation? Otherwise i have to ask someone to share the next beta 'cause i'm not a registered user for beta....
Thanx.
  •  

balloni55

can´t add a new trainingsprofil :-[
only a blue button appeares without + and no function

EDIT: creating one is possible, but no more
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •