How to edit/delete custom waypoints ?

Started by Betonar, April 14, 2011, 18:07:09

Betonar

Recently I entered incorect coordinates of final point of one mystery cache. I couldn't  find way how to edit it/delete so I created how waypoint but I think this ability should be available. Or did I everlooked somethink ? Thanks for advice !
Betonar
  •  

svartbjorn

Go to the POI menu. Tapping the waypoint brings up a pop-up menu with four command buttons. Tap the 2nd from the right (the one with the tools symbol). This pops up a new menu with two commands : "Edit" and "Delete". This is what you are looking for, right?
  •  

Betonar

Yeah, i know about this but I am talking about waypoints not POI.
Waypoints can be created this way:
Go to the POI menu. Tapping the waypoint brings up a pop-up menu with four command buttons -> first button -> second button from left ....
and now how to delete this waypoint ?
  •  

Menion

hi betonar, you mean waypoins in geocaching? And where is problem? When you tap on this second icon on geocache page, you can see list of your waypoints and tap on single one and you see similar screen as svartbjorn said
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

svartbjorn

@Betonar: I am not following you. May be I am missing something here.

When you create a waypoint, it is stored in one of the POI categories and as such is available as a POI.
What do you mean by "Go to the POI menu. Tapping the waypoint brings up a pop-up menu with four command buttons -> first button -> second button from left ...."
2nd button from left pops up a submenu with Guide On as one option. I guess this is not what you are referring to?

Are you talking about how to remove the waypoint from the screen? You tap the waypoint, pops up a submenu with 3 commands: Edit, Hide, Delete. Tap Hide.

I do not understand where you are in the menu system.  Please elaborate more precisely your steps.
  •  

Betonar

Quote from: "menion"hi betonar, you mean waypoins in geocaching? And where is problem? When you tap on this second icon on geocache page, you can see list of your waypoints and tap on single one and you see similar screen as svartbjorn said
Sure, but you can!t delete and edit them. If you make typo you can!t correct it, you can only creat new one

QuoteWhen you create a waypoint, it is stored in one of the POI categories and as such is available as a POI.
Geocaching waypoints are not. At least I can!t find them there
  •