MAP USAGE - TERMS OF USE

Started by Menion, April 14, 2011, 16:44:19

Menion

Hi to all,
  since I started to sell Pro version, more troubles then I expected comes. Like taxes, validations of my account, some other economic problem in my stupid republic system and finally "Terms of use" of some maps. Do you know Mobile atlas creator? Probably yes .. if no look at homepage here

Do you see change on this page?? Similar change will now come to Locus! You can read more about it here. Bigger problem for me against Mobac is that payed users, paid for Locus, so I have to offer refunding if they'll want.

I'll write later some post on blog with some instructions and more precise information.

After that, you can still use Locus of course. You can still use maps for own usage. You'll be able to add custom maps with already working method. But all maps that violate terms of use, will not be directly in Locus.

Sorry for that!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

golgot

F***.
So, tell me if I'm wrong, we need to quicky download all necessary google/yahoo maps because they will be removed?
  •  

Menion

yes, you understand correctly ...

EDIT: OK released. I want to have clear head before weekend, because I feel a little bit "terrible" because of this ...

some info here - http://locus.asamm.cz/?p=302
  •  

jusc

You wrote it for Locus (Pro) 1.5.2, as I understand. What about update from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1? Is this update still possible later today ?

J.
Regards J.
  •  

merilius

That is pretty bad actually. I also used MOBAC before.

Here is /Ctrl+C Ctrl+V/ from the MOBAC forum about one particular map, which should be no problem to use.
qrczakoff wrote:
2011-04-11 06:20:06 UTC
UMP-pcPL is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. http://ump.waw.pl/en/licence.html This is polish project like openstreetmap. I think, you can unblock this map without author acceptance :)
  •  

Menion

thanks I know, this map is OSM based so I leaved it in locus ... thanks

jusc: yes 1.5.1 contain all maps. It's last version with all maps data (so keep it safe ;) )

some info here: http://locus.asamm.cz/?p=302
  •  

golgot

What about keeping Locus 1.5.1 FREE and continue upgrades on Locus Pro?
EDIT : OK, answer is on the blog! :)
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"thanks I know, this map is OSM based so I leaved it in locus ... thanks

jusc: yes 1.5.1 contain all maps. It's last version with all maps data (so keep it safe ;) )

some info here: http://locus.asamm.cz/?p=302

Yes I read this before, but I donĀ“t have 1.5.1 :-(
Regards J.
  •  

neserg

[s:9n49i7g8]Bad news... and for me too too late :(
Yes, I know that should read the warning at first, but:
Is it possible to return (by legal way) on version 1.5.1 from version 1.5.2 updated from a market?[/s:9n49i7g8]
Solved.
  •  

gip

I don't know if older versions are available somewhere. If so, it's possible to use them. No one can force anyone to update to new version.
  •  

Blackdawn

I just wrote an E-mail to Fonecta/Eniro customerservice for asking userlicence to use them map on Locus.
Hopefully they answer on next week and give the license for free.
Free because menion can put Eniro map back to Locus rightaway and free because people can use them map on internet for free.
  •  

Menion

Thanks Blackdawn. That's exactly what I need to people do.
  •  

neserg

I just wrote an email to Yandex.Maps for asking to use them on Locus.
Waiting for answer.
  •  

marlar

Hi Menion,

As you know I am on vacation so I haven't read about the map issue thoroughly. However, you do a very good job on Locus so I don't think the problem changes anything on the value on your work. I certainly don't want my money back and I think you should just continue and selling Locus Pro just like now - of course updating the description appropriately. You have my full support.
  •  

femto

Well said, marlar!

Keep on your good work, menion!

Only cowards want a refund! ;)

BTW, I'm now also back on 1.5.1! ;)
  •