strange auto-zoom issue when using guiding

Started by TrulloF, November 05, 2015, 14:33:37

TrulloF

Hello.
Since the introduction of Auto Zoom feature a few versions ago I got this strange behavior and it is still present with version 3.13.0
I use Locus Pro on my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (Android 4.4.4). If I use the guiding function with auto-zoom enabled I experience the following behavior. I'm starting at home and set my work address as guiding target (ca. 4 km away (direct line)). So far so good, after being exactly 2 km away from target (direct line) the zoom, which is ca. 17/18 at that moment goes out to 15 and my position is not centered anymore (it's somewhere near the lower right side of the screen (I use Locus in my car in landscape mode and with shifted map screen center). Guiding still works, but by getting closer to the target the map center gets shifted even more off screen. Disabling the autozoom, everything is back to normal and my map center is not off screen anymore.
Any ideas? Could anybody reproduce this behavior?
Thank you in advance for looking into this.
  •  

Menion

Hi,

from what you wrote it looks like you using guidance on a single point right? What happen to you is that when you are closer to point, Locus display your current location and your target on a screen at once and scale map after every change so both points are still visible on a map.

This is a feature based on long discussion here http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/auto_zoom_based_on_distance_to_waypoint .
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

TrulloF

Hi Menion.

Okay, I understand, but this "feature" is not working as intended. See the two screen shots (my current position is off screen!).
Could you implement a toggle for this function (maybe also for the distance, not necessarily in UI, config.cfg would be enough for me). Thank you for looking into it.
  •