marked points of a track in chartview

Started by Matthy_47, April 13, 2011, 23:26:51

Matthy_47

Dear Menion,

thank you for 1.5 including the new feature to save points while recording a track. I have two whishes:

1) I really would love to see these points in the chartview, to find out about speed or altitude at that locations.
2) can you add the possibility to store a point marked in a track to the POIs?

Thanks
Matthias
  •  

Menion

hi,
  1) it's in plan!
  2) it's already there, just tap on point and there is first "+" button ... that allow you to store point into database
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Matthy_47

Thank you ;)

Can I delete a stored point from the track?

Matthias
  •  

jusc

And how can I export the track with including points? The track export seems only export the track but zero points?

OK, seems to be only a smal bug in the export window (exported 1 track  and 0( zero) points)

Looking after it looks a bit strange like this:
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

nice picture. it depend on software that represent data for you. Punkt 1, 2 is name of point. Rest is in description tag. It's formatted HTML page and I'm sure that almost all softwares will be presenting these data in correct way. And about export ... yes it's little bit confusing. I'll change it.

And deleting points from track is not allowed now. Do you think Matthias that it's useful?
  •  

marlar

I think it is important that you can delete points. For example if you make a mistake.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"nice picture. it depend on software that represent data for you. Punkt 1, 2 is name of point. Rest is in description tag. It's formatted HTML page and I'm sure that almost all softwares will be presenting these data in correct way.

Oh, is there a diffrent gpx-format?
The screen is from josm. (the Java Openstreetmap-Editor)

Please have a look at the output (screen attachment) from a Garmin gpx-file. I wonder why the Locus export/output differs from that one of the Garmin so much?
In the Garmin Waypoint there are only cordinates, name, time.
In Locus there is speed, average speed, hill up, hill on etc. on top. IMHO that are no characteristics of a single waypoint.

[Edit]   more informations from the Garmin gpx-file stored within the track:

<wpt lat="xx.133768722" lon="y.406464806">
  <ele>59.486816</ele>
  <name>001</name>
  <cmt>12-APR-11 14:47:11</cmt>
  <desc>12-APR-11 14:47:11</desc>
  <sym>Flag, Blue</sym>
</wpt>

and this from Locus:

<wpt lat="xx.9974" lon="y.627283333333334">
<name><![CDATA[Punkt 1]]></name>
<desc><![CDATA[<font color="black"><table width="100%"><tr><td width="100%" align="center"><font color="black"><table width="100%"><tr><td><table width="100%"><tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Distanz</b></small></td><td align="left" valign="center">23.2km</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Punkte // POI</b></small></td><td align="left" valign="center">266</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Erstellt</b></small></td><td align="left" valign="center">2011-04-14 04:26:52</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Max. Geschwindigkeit</b></small></td><td align="left" valign="center">108km/h</td></tr>
</table></td></tr><tr><td colspan="1"><hr></td></tr><tr><td><table width="100%"><tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b></b></small></td><td align="center" valign="center">Alles</td><td align="center" valign="center">Geschwindigkeit > 0</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Durchschnittliche Geschwindigkeit</b></small></td><td align="center" valign="center">33.7km/h</td><td align="center" valign="center">33.7km/h</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Track Zeit</b></small></td><td align="center" valign="center">41m:18s</td><td align="center" valign="center">41m:18s</td></tr>
</table></td></tr><tr><td colspan="1"><hr></td></tr><tr><td><table width="100%"><tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Min. Meereshöhe</b></small></td><td align="left" valign="center">25m</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Max. Meereshöhe</b></small></td><td align="left" valign="center">95m</td></tr>
</table></td></tr><tr><td colspan="1"><hr></td></tr><tr><td><table width="100%"><tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b></b></small></td><td align="center" valign="center">Steigung</td><td align="center" valign="center">Distanz</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Bergauf</b></small></td><td align="center" valign="center">208m</td><td align="center" valign="center">2163m</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Bergab</b></small></td><td align="center" valign="center">-215m</td><td align="center" valign="center">1685m</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Ebene</b></small></td><td align="center" valign="center">0m</td><td align="center" valign="center">19379m</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Gesamt</b></small></td><td align="center" valign="center">585m</td><td align="center" valign="center">23227m</td></tr>
</table></td></tr></table></font></td></tr><tr><td colspan="1"><hr></td></tr><tr><td colspan="1"><hr></td></tr><tr><td><table width="100%"><tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Meereshöhe</b></small></td><td align="left" valign="center">57m</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Geschwindigkeit</b></small></td><td align="left" valign="center">80.9km/h</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Azimut</b></small></td><td align="left" valign="center">133°</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Erstellt</b></small></td><td align="left" valign="center">2011-04-14 05:08:12</td></tr>
</table></td></tr><tr><td><table width="100%"></table></td></tr></table></font>]]></desc>
<time>2011-04-14T05:08:12Z</time>
<ele>57.2</ele>
</wpt>

[EDIT]
Regards J.
  •  

Matthy_47

Quote from: "menion"......

And deleting points from track is not allowed now. Do you think Matthias that it's useful?

Yes, like marlar I think this would help, if you want to correct a stored/wrong point on the track.
Matthias
  •  

Menion

on point deleting, I'll look. Not so simple but I think it will have solution :)

about description. Problem is in software you use for showing tracks and points! It's a normal valid HTML description in CDATA tag. I don't know why is this so big problem.

edit: hmm interesting. I exported one track into kml and gpx. Google earth display correctly and nicely kml file but with gpx have similar troubles as you. But why? In CDATA tag should be whatever but looks like html isn't supported here. Anyone have any info?
  •  

jusc

I read a little about html and xml. The html tags of the locus export seem to be interpreted as xml descriptions.  In my opinon the export of tracks and waypoints should have a result  with clear xml file and not a (mixed) html files, because it is not usual for other systems like Garmin GPS devices.
The diffrence between xml and html description you can find here http://www.w3schools.com/XML/xml_whatis.asp
Perhaps you can think about it ?

J.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hmm may you try to add to exported description tag something like this?

<desc><![CDATA[<html><head></head><body> ... original description <fon ... > ..... /font> and now end of html code </body></html>]]></desc>

what this will do in your software. Thanks
  •  

jusc

Your advise did not work unfortunatly. See screen1. But I found a solution in screen 2 only for Punkt 1 (Punkt 2 is untouched as exported from Locus)
Just throw all html tags away while exporting to gpx /xml like:

<wpt lat="xx.9974" lon="y.627283333333334">
<name><![CDATA[Punkt 1]]></name>
<desc><![CDATA[ Test created at 2011-04-14 04:26:52]]></desc>
<time>2011-04-14T05:08:12Z</time>
<ele>57.2</ele>
</wpt>

that´s all: I
Regards J.
  •  

Matthy_47

I am patient... :-) just to pop up my whishes:
- deleting pionts in track and
- showing points in chartview...
Thanks
Matthias
  •  

Menion

ok, thanks for giving me some kick :)

Also one question about problems with GPX export. Should help when I do checkbox into settings with "Simple description in export to GPX files"? Which will remove whole this html part and add there .. hmm what? nothing? maybe :)
  •  

Matthy_47

Quote from: "menion"ok, thanks for giving me some kick :)

any time, menion ;-) - I look forward to the next version!
  •