Rotate map

Started by air7, October 26, 2015, 08:12:34

air7

Hi,
I want to use the "Rotate map" function more - but unfortunately it is unusable for me because the map rotates so fast and much, that it becomes more difficult navigating while riding offroad.
Is there a a trick to slow the map rotation, kind of adding a buffer, a time delay??
I still use Locus almost every day (and love it!) and over time I just accepted that I have to use the map in a fixed direction.
But when I was recently (road-)navigating with Google maps, I realized that they use a different system for their map rotation - and it really makes a difference.
This is when I decided to bring up the topic and see if there is a fix...?

One other thing: I have a smartphone now that also reads Glonas satellites, Is Locus Pro using them?

Thanks in advance and best regards, Volker
Switched from iPhone4 to Galaxy S2 bcs screen
went on to -->Galaxy Note 2 --> then Note 3 --> now on Note 4 and Cat S40 rugged phone
SW: tried MotionX GPS (iOS), Google tracks and Trimble Outdoors on Android in vain
use Locus Pro since 2011 (internat. and offroad navigation, track record, share)
  •  

Michal

Hi,

go to settings > sensors > orientation filter and set some heavier filter - the compass movement will be slower but less jerky.

As for Glonass - it depends on the device GPS unit - Locus Map accepts its data and if it sends Glonass data, Locus Map receives and processes them.
PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •  

poutnikl

Does the filter apply to orientation generally,  or just to the compass?

Sent from Sony Xperia M Dual

air7

Hi Michal,
thy for the quick response and the help!
I was not aware of the sensor settings and will play around with them a bit to find the best compromise!
Best regards, Volker
Switched from iPhone4 to Galaxy S2 bcs screen
went on to -->Galaxy Note 2 --> then Note 3 --> now on Note 4 and Cat S40 rugged phone
SW: tried MotionX GPS (iOS), Google tracks and Trimble Outdoors on Android in vain
use Locus Pro since 2011 (internat. and offroad navigation, track record, share)
  •