[APP] - version 1.5.x

Started by Menion, April 13, 2011, 16:48:27

Menion

20.4.2011 - Locus 1.5.2.2
Free version, behavior as Pro, valid till 1.5.2011
  • improved POI alert service
  • added ArcGIS maps
  • added some info about map download and Terms of use (new button on map manager screen - all info clear?)
  • some improvements on Track screen
  • improvements for adding custom maps

18.4.2011 - Locus 1.5.2.1
Looks like the worst is over.... uff. So is here still anyone who wants to do some tests? So Free version, behavior as Pro, valid till 1.5.2011
  • support for MBT maps! need test
  • returned compass button on GPS screen
  • new auto switch for orientation source (check settings - Sensors)
  • now you can check single point on track on map (also with some stats - dist to start and end)
  • during guiding, new icon in top left corner to quick handle guided object
  • extended support for custom online maps (extend "type" tag)
  • fixed missing geocaching filed notes values for Event, mega event and Webcam caches. Also added button back to cache on geocache waypoints
  • some small improvements ...

15.4.2011 - Locus 1.5.2
  • new Free and Pro version released on market

14.4.2011 - Locus 1.5.1

13.4.2011 - Locus 1.5.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

ah, I just realized that I forgot to fix dates in track, they are in UTM and not in local time .. hmm so in next version
  •  

jofre

Hi menion,

do you remember sudden phone restarts i had during downloading maps? They were phone related, not your app. This known issue with htc desire phones, restarting when cpu reaches around 35C. Sorry for that. It may help explain future issues from htc desire locus users. My phone is in repair for MoBo change, until then i'm off unfotunately from reporting problems and testing your great app. thanks
  •  

Menion

hmm fine thanks. True is that map download is CPU intensive action (every downloaded tile is converted into bitmap to check if is image correct and all this in five threads ...). Fine, thanks!
  •  

jofre

Is there possibility to limit cpu while downloading, or give it low priority? I know it is bit crazy idea... don't worry about it if it is too much work... cheers
  •  

svartbjorn

Impressive release 1.5.1:
- this release is really of high quality. All the issues I reported on 1.4.x have been fixed. Only one small exception:
- still open issue: POI alert, should play sound (user selected sound) until manually stopped. Refer my last post under version 1.4.x, dated 14/4, where I also posted an idea how this couold be done.
  •  

Menion

thanks, I know about it and I'll do something with this into next release. Anyway expect changes as wrote here
  •  

Blackdawn

Hi menion,
I just updated my Locus Pro to 1.5.2 version without checking your note, I just think it wont be that serious  :cry: .
Is there any possibilitys to downgrade version back to 1.5.1?
I loved Eniro map that were on 1.5.1 version and I would like to get it back.
Otherwise this is great application  :D
  •  

Menion

older versions are as usually attached here on forum
  •  

neserg

Hi, menion!
The only thing which has changed in version 1.5.1 -> 1.5.2 is a maps removing?
  •  

Menion

yes
  •  

auric

Both 1.5.1 versions here (free and pro), are they expiring on a specific date or are they the market versions?
LM Pro - LocusMap 4 🥇
  •  

Menion

these are same as market. So valid ... forever :)
  •  

Menion

so new version for testing with bunch of new features. Support for http://mapbox.com/ maps ... also please check this - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=501. This may be interesting for those, who use track records. I'm also interested to add OSGB36 support, so please anyone check topic with this theme.

Edit: also info for you. I already wrote to almost half of map providers. So we'll see if any response come back. Biggest problem will be with google (http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/m ... 0d5328371f). They have no chance for developers to use their map outside of web browser or their pre-prepared android component, which is useless for me ...
  •  

spawny

Hi Menion,

it's great that you continue, after the maps problem! With google ... I wonder about other android programs, who also show GoogleMaps. I was using Maverick a lot before Locus came out and they also offer a lot of maps to choose from. However there's no possibility to download the maps directly from there (it only caches the visited tiles). That's why I like Locus! It still would be great if you could show GoogleMaps (legally), which probably means that you disallow downloading maps from there, but just showing. Maverick is out for quite some time, so if they can then you also might me able, right?
  •