Route and track differences

Started by silvermapper, October 13, 2015, 12:38:31

silvermapper

I had not appreciated a major difference between selecting 'Car' or 'Foot' Recording Profile until very recently.  I am accustomed to using Garmin's BaseCamp to view my tracklogs as my GPS device had been a Garmin eTrex Legend until three months ago.  I see that the .gpx file in .txt form shows 'rtept' for 'Car' and 'trkpt' for foot.  I am unsure whether this has been the case always.  The result is two quite different tables in BaseCamp that show the car tracklog as a route but without leg time or speed but the foot tracklog with both, which is important to me.  I checked Menu>Settings>Track recording>Recording profiles...Advanced settings>Automatic export>Parameters.  'Track as route (RTE tag instead of TRK)' is unchecked for both 'Car' and 'Foot'.  I wonder if this behaviour is recognised and correct or whether something else in the settings affects my different results.  The GPX version is 1.1.
  •  

balloni55

Are you sure that you use in both cases automatic exported tracks?
If you export a track over:
track tab/your track/export, there is additional a checkbox "RTE tag instead of TRK"
and so if you´ve exported your car track this way with checked "RTE tag instead of TRK" you get this different result.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

silvermapper

balloni55
You are totally correct in your diagnosis.  '(GPX)' was missing below 'Automatic export' for 'Car'.  I had not tapped 'Set', it seems.  This explains why I found automatic exports to .gpx carried out on some occasions but not others, probably: 'Foot' was set but 'Car' not.  Then, as you describe, the 'Track as route (RTE tag instead of TRK)' box in this page was checked.
I love Locus Map but, three months in, goodness knows how long it will be before I shall master it!
I thank you for your excellent work and prompt reply.
  •  

balloni55

you are welcome :)
Quotethree months in, goodness knows how long it will be before I shall master it!
probably never ;)
i also struggle also very often with different or changed settings :-[
so don´t fear to ask here in forum 8)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •