Theme development, change background

Started by jusc, October 02, 2015, 16:16:06

jusc

Using Locus style parameter within a theme it would be nice to change the "background" for not specially tagged areas.
P. e. If you set the background to white colour (#FFFFFF) all not tagged areas will shown with white color.
This looks ok for a "winter" theme, where I can set forest, farmland tags to white background too.
But If you want to switch to a summer theme p.e cycling or hiking the not specialy tagged areas are still white, that doesn´t fit the reality very well.
Second scenario: if you set the background p. e. to light brown for summer, because you think non tagged areas are most farmland you´ll get a strange looking winter theme.

Is there any possibility to implement it? Or does it work already?

Regards J.
  •  

john_percy

A quick test on my Voluntary theme seemed to indicate that you could do this by styling the natural/nosea and natural/land tags. I tried it with both a Locus map and an OAM one.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

jusc

Thank you,
I'll try it out tomorrow and I'll give you a feedback.
Regards J.
  •  

jusc

@John,
Thank you
I have to doublecheck it once, but If I use original Locus maps it works as expected.
But if I load an openandromaps map for whole Germany, it is correct for the north (of Bremen) but from Bremen to the south the (light brown) natural/nosea and natural/land tags change to  white background color.
I will discuss it with Christian at Openandromaps.org.

Regards J.
  •  

kech61

Hi,

With OpenAndroMaps the color of map-background and nosea areas have to be the same.

Reason: I render Land/Sea areas only where its really necessary. It doesnt make sense to render land-polys in the south of Germany cause there is no sea!
The polys needed for a reliable rendering of Land/Sea consume lots of resources so I skip them in areas I dont really need.

Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

jusc

Hi Christian,

thank you for your fast answer. I understand.
Unfortunatly it´s not possible to combine a winter theme and a summer theme within one XML using Locus style parameter if you use different colors for backgroud and nosea
Background ist set to light green/brown in right picture

With Locus maps it looks like this
Locus maps: left winter theme   right summer (hiking)

now OpenAndroMaps
OA maps: left winter theme   right summer (hiking)

But it seems, that there is another bug, can you please have a look? (at the coordinates)
I use still the light green background, are the tiles damaged?

Regards J.
  •  

kech61

Hi Jusc,

I checked latest Alp.map wit elevate and andromaps_hc and the tiles are OK.
However, I know that these side effects occour at very rare occasions and I never found out why.

Just for information: mid of October the next Evolution of OAM will be released:
zoom-appear of lakes,basins,reservoirs according to the size of the polys
zoom-appear zoom-min zoom-max label-size of lakes,basins,reservoirs according to the size of the underlaying polys

Kompatibility for existing themes is preserved for 100%.

Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •