Swiss Topo max zoom level?

Started by chbla, September 30, 2015, 12:59:50

chbla

Hi there,

Not sure if this is a bug but if I zoom into downloaded swiss topo maps the max zoom level it displays correctly (interlaken area) is up to scale 2km. If I then zoom in, most tiles are missing.

I assume that this is not normal?
  •  

voldapet

Hello,
I guess that you've probably downloaded any map on the border of Switzerland.  Map is distributed in rectangular images called tiles and these tiles have different coverage for different zoom-level. Tile from less detailed level bigger coverage then tiles from the most detailed level. But the most detailed level covers only the Swiss area. For this reason some it seems that some parts are missing. Please check that the detailed level covers the Switzerland area - that's the basic control how to check that the map is downloaded correctly.
Thanks
Petr
  •  

chbla

As mentioned it's "interlaken", which is basically in the middle of switzerland..
  •  

SaschaVIE

Are you zooming with "+", "-" or with two fingers?
  •  

chbla

I tried both - is there a difference?
Can I "remove" and add the map again to refresh it or so?
  •  

chbla

I clicked remove, in order to re-download it as it was not working, and now I have to pay again?
There was no mention or warning
  •  

voldapet

@chbla
Ohh sorry I've overlooked the area definition. Please send me:
- version of your Locus (there was issue about 4 months ago that cause that only hiking path were download for custom areas)
- google account that you use in Locus store
- screenshot that shows the error or better would you be able to share problematic map (eq. via Dropbox, Google drive) I'll check the map

About the payment - every downloading of  Swisstopo is charged. This is mentioned in terms of use for every swisstopo item in Locus store. But don't worry we'll check the map and refund LoCoins in case that map is broken.

Thank you
Petr
  •  

chbla

Thanks a lot Petr, I have just sent you the details.

Could you maybe add some kind of warning to the "remove" button so people know that they have to re-purchase the map?
It's misleading as usually with the play store and most in-app purchases you keep what you have purchased once.
  •  

voldapet

Hi,
good point. However I've redunded the LoCoins for Interlaken region. Please download map again and let me know about result. Thank you
Petr
  •  

chbla

Thank you I will try it!
How far (scale) should I be able to zoom in? Previously after a scale of 2km it showed only black with the hiking paths

edit1
It didn't work, same as before..

edit2
any idea? I need it on the weekend..
  •  

voldapet

Hello,
thank you for report and very sorry for the troubles. We can not solve it till weekend. Swisstopo changed the URL for the detailed level and Locus is not able to download proper data. (Swisstopo maps are downloaded directly from swisstopo servers) It's needed to prepare new version of Locus app to solve it.
For this reason we've disabled all Swisstopo maps in the store. I've also refunded your wrong map. I'm very sorry but we can not provide any quick solution.

Thank you for understanding
Petr
  •  

chbla

Ah.. too bad :(

Thanks for the help though!
  •