Track record button

Started by eldron, September 27, 2015, 19:08:35

eldron

Hi,
I just did a longer bike tour today and had some trouble hitting the track record button on the side panel, as it is rather small.
I am sure that there used to be the possility to have a track record button at the bottom left (where the them changer button is). I searched through all the menus, but couldn´t find it anywhere.
Am I just imaging that there used t be a button? Would there be any other way of having a bigger Track record button, as that´s really the only button I need whilst I am biking.
  •  

KaHeMu

Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

eldron

@KaMeHu
I read through the manuals, but couldn´t find anything that relates to my "problem". Am I missing something?
I am really just looking for a bigger button to open the track recording panel. Not to stop/start the recording, could use a dashboard for that, I just want to look at the stats (speed, distance etc.) whilst riding the bike and the normal button in the side menu is quite small and difficult to hit whilst riding the bike.
And I somehow remember (but could be wrong about it) that there used to be a possibility to have a track recording button in the bottom left, where we now have the theme changer button (if activated).
  •  

KaHeMu

Hi eldron,

in Preferences/Track recording/Global- Style of track recording panel you can set "side panel", then you see at bottom left both themes change button and button for track recording panel. Both  you can slide in with a swipe from left to right.
But I see it is maybe difficult to do so during a wild ride. ;-)
Hth
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

eldron

Hi KaHeMu
That´s what I am talking about - my Track recording is set to "side panel", but I just don´t get that button at the bottom left!
Have you tried it on your device? Do you have that button?
Maybe there is an option somwhere where you can switch that button on/off (like there is for the theme switcher button), but I can´t find it anywhere.
  •  

gynta

hi
see clip
where is your problem/difference?

eldron

Hi Gynta
thanks a lot for your great video. I have all the same settings as you do in the video, start a recording (even waited for a sat. fix) and close the track record panel, but the button at the bottom left just does not show up. And I know that at some time in the past it did, as I have seen the button before.
My only way to get the track record panel to open again is by using the button in my side panel.
Is it possible that I switched that button off somewhere else? Maybe in the config file?

I have also tried: restarting locus, restarting my phone and changing the track record mode from side panel to bottom panel and back. Also switched off the theme changer icon, so see if that was interefering.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: eldron on September 28, 2015, 09:43:56
Is it possible that I switched that button off somewhere else? Maybe in the config file?
hm let me think about...
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tracks:recording:panel
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tracks:recording:settings#side_panel

nope - no other idea for now

try:
rename your "Locus" dir  - eg "LLocus"
start Locus
any changes with rec panel?
close Locus
delete new self created Locus dir
rename your orig renamed "LLocus" back to "Locus"

eldron

I just renamed my Locus folder as you suggested and started locus, but the problem remains.
That would have ruled out a configuration made in the config file, as that lies in the locus folder, right?
My side panel and other settings were still correct though, even with the new Locus folder. Where are those settings stored?
  •  

eldron

I have just reset my Locus preferences and the button is back. So it´s definitely a setting somewhere, I just don´t know where :-(
I´ll have to restore my settings from my backup though, as I have made way too many changes over the years to start from scratch again.
  •  

Menion

long discussion

... side button for track recording is visible only in case
1. you have defined side panel for track recording
2. you DO NOT HAVE track recording button permanently visible on screen, which is probably your case.

Side button is just shortcut to track recording. Anyway if there is any permanently visible track recording button on screen, this shortcut is useless.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

Thanks menion, you have solved the riddle ;-)
I have got the track record button in my side panel and the side panel is permanently visible. I changed it to auto-hide and the Rec button on the left hand side pops up.
Any chance to have it show up even with the side panel on?
My screen is big enough, so I like to have my side panel available, but on the bike the track record button in the side panel is a bit too small and being between other icons, which makes it easy to accidentally click on one of the buttons next to it.
Otherwise I´ll just have to get used to a hidden side panel.

•  

Menion

Hmm and what about to create really simple dashboard panel with basic control of track recording? Did you tried it?
  •  

gynta

Menion

Quote from: gynta on September 28, 2015, 15:24:15
hide time 99999 helps?l

Funny solution, but it should work too :)
  •