BT 4.0 Sensors don’t work

Started by omega3, August 13, 2015, 22:52:53

omega3

Hi,

I've an Android 4.4 Sony ZL mobil, wahoo heart rate sensor TICKR and wahoo cad-sensor.
With wahoo-apps (wahoo utility and wahoo fitness) both sensors work fine.
I can connect these devices to locus pro. Locus BT Manager says: "connected" but in the next line: "no valid data". I testet also while cycling with running GPS. Same situation.
If I delete this association, locus crashes. Best way in this situation is to restore an old profile.

I testet with an other mobile (moto G2, Android 5.1) but I've got same errors. So I think it's not my mobile nor Android. It's locus.

Is there a chance to get these sensors working with locus?

Thanks in advance
Holger from Germany
  •  

Menion

Hello,

hard to say to be true. Anyway if it now work, then Locus do not support it for sure. As I see on pages of wahoo, their sensors use probably some special method for communication because they offer their own API for developers.

I may check if there is easy way to add support also for this sensor, but when it will be more then one hour of work, do not expect that it will be done during next months, sorry.

Btw. this forum is no more place for new ideas, so feel free to post it on help.locusmap.eu, so other may vote if interested in this feature.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

omega3

Hello,

thank you for your support.
I hope it's easy to add support for these sensors.

Before I've done a test with Polar sensors.
Heart rate sensor worked - but sometimes the data are wrong (a heartrate of 220 over 30 seconds - 90 was normaly).
Polar speed and cad-sensor - they didn't work too. And you can't change battery. If battery is empty you can thow them away.  That's no solution.

Thank you
Holger
  •