[APP] - version 3.11.x (9. 8. 2015)

Started by Menion, August 09, 2015, 16:40:15

Menion

1. why you need to open detail?
2. why you need to know which map is exactly selected? Isn't Germany enough?
3. are you using auto-loading of vector maps? Anyway Locus should automatically choose best map related to your current map center
4. nope, it indicates only Locus maps inside

EDIT: btw. interesting you have two Germany items in list. First one is what, whole Germany map?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quote1. why you need to open detail
e.g. to change from locusmap to Freizeitkarte
Quote2. why you need to know which map is exactly selected? Isn't Germany enough?
no, see  answer to 1.
Quote3. are you using auto-loading of vector maps?
it doesn´t matter
e.g. current mapcenter (last known satfix) is inside "Baden-wurttemberg map", but i want display "Bayern map"
QuoteAnyway Locus should automatically choose best map related to your current map center
witch is the best map :o locus or FZK or...
Quoteinteresting you have two Germany items in list. First one is what,
it´s an old locus mapsforge-map-0.3.0
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jusc

Quote from: menion on September 07, 2015, 10:41:25
1. why you need to open detail?
EDIT: btw. interesting you have two Germany items in list. First one is what, whole Germany map?

This is an old issue, my workaround is to rename the foreign maps p. e. to OAM Germany or FZK Germany.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

@balloni: hmm small issue, thanks. In directory with "L", should be really only "Locus maps - LoMaps". So in next version, it should be improved. Anyway system remains same. Main purpose is to reduce amount of items in list and make them more logically merged into single item.

Problem with map, thanks jusc btw. - I'm just downloading one FZK map, so I'll try to test it and simulate.

@0709: ah, this is what I wanted - recalculate from target of small line helper. Issue fixed. I've set a system to recalculate from target of this "helping" guiding line + 100 metres + 3 seconds * average speed. So it should cover some your movement and give a small distance just for sure. We will see in practice.
  •  

balloni55

Quotemy workaround is to rename the foreign maps p. e. to OAM Germany
thanks jusc ;D
now behavior has changed and map selection work for me as expected Points 1-3 are solved 8)

one thing i didn´t undersand, now the "EUROPE" directory isn´t displayed anymore, the country directories "Germany" "Switzerland" "Austria" are visible direct
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jusc

yes it´s a bit strange.

1. Under MAPSVECTOR I have a "Europe" folder with "Austria, Germany. Alps" and ... maps. There I have to do a long click. to open this folder. A short click opens, at least for me, any random map, that I don´t want.

2. I have more Europe folders like Europe - France, Europe - Germany,
In previous versions they are shown as spelled and I can open the folders directly to view (and open) the maps inside.
Now I see again Germany  with all maps inside (like Bayern, Hessen, ...) and i have to long click again  to open (Europe)-Germany to access any map, p. e. "Bayern". It´s less intuitive and more clumsy as the old version.

Regards J.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteNow I see again Germany  with all maps inside (like Bayern, Hessen, ...) and i have to long click again  to open (Europe)-Germany to access any map, p. e. "Bayern". It´s less intuitive and more clumsy as the old version.
thats exactly what i discribed in #63
but after i have renamed my second "Germanymap" as you suggest, behavior has changed for me as discribed in #69
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Quote from: jusc on September 08, 2015, 07:55:41
2. I have more Europe folders like Europe - France, Europe - Germany,
In previous versions they are shown as spelled and I can open the folders directly to view (and open) the maps inside.
Now I see again Germany  with all maps inside (like Bayern, Hessen, ...) and i have to long click again  to open (Europe)-Germany to access any map, p. e. "Bayern". It´s less intuitive and more clumsy as the old version.

Cannot agree. http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/stop-showing-multiple-vector-maps-for-a-single-country-and-the-world-maps-into-a-separate-folder
  •  

jusc

I don´t understand, what you mean.
It worked for years, as described. Why can´t users decide it by their own?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

I was just forwarding to topic from where initial idea comes. And why this? Because I believe that clever app should offer you "Germany" instead of huge list of sub-maps, and then automatically choose best possible map.

And why can't users decide? Nice question. Probably because every user wants something different and someone has to define some rules. And now I'm trying to create simplified, more user-friendly version of offline tab of map manager - new rule. And sorry, no choose like old/new style is really not planned.

EDIT: anyway please wait a while with verdicts. In current version is small issue where all vector maps are took and placed in same folders. In next version, only LoMaps from Store should be handled by new method, old should remain as before. Like on screenshot (Berlin map is FZK map in same 'Germany' folder as maps from Store)

•  

gynta

Quote from: Bucky Kid on September 06, 2015, 21:00:04
Latest beta starts and has one new cosmetic bug - on one of old maps it doesnot show name at all
Quote from: menion on September 06, 2015, 21:07:35
ah, GEMF, I'll check it, thanks!
same problem with (working!) sqlite

Menion

Thanks gynta! All should be same single problem, so consider it as fixed
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, so better with latest version?
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quick Map Switch FC is fixed indeed. TXs.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

balloni55

- start V 3.11.3.3
- open Maps/OFFLINE, all folders are visible
- close Maps screen
- open Maps, folders with "L" are gone :( and a new folder "EUROP-GERMANY" is visible with included FZK map
i have to "Refrech list" with 3-dot button to get "L" folders back

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •