Problem with my own CustomScreen

Started by c.s.g., August 07, 2015, 11:42:46

c.s.g.

Hello,

using Locus Pro 3.10.3 I have had a little problem with my own CustomScreen.
I. e. I build a CustomScreen with an arrow on it, which should point to the target poi (geocache).
Unfortunately the arrow did not rotaed when i move, so it points in the wrong direction.

After a few hours of testing I finally maneged to make my arrow rotate too.
I found out, why my arrow did not rotate:
I downloaded the CustomScreen found here because in that example the red arrow works as expected.
Then I found out, that in that example the red arrow did no longer work, if you remove the section

<!-- Kompass -->
<LinearLayout
android:id="@+id/linear_layout_01"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:orientation="horizontal"
android:orientation="horizontal">

<SlideView
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="25dip"
android:background="@drawable/img_compass_slide_background"
locus:action="{orient_course}"
locus:slideImage="@drawable/img_compass_slide_b"
locus:slideStartPosition="0dip"
locus:slideStartValue="180"
locus:slideEndPosition="match_parent"
locus:slideEndValue="-180"
locus:slideInfinite="[true]" />
</LinearLayout>

out of the main.xml-file.

When I now add a similar code to my CustomScreen included the locus:action="{orient_course}" the arrow rotates as expected.

My question:
(1:) Is it a bug, that the locus:action="{guide_wpt_angle}" did not work, if there is no locus:action="{orient_course}" present in the main.xml-file?
or
(2.) Is it a "must have" to get locus:action="{guide_wpt_angle}" to work correctly that there is also a locus:action="{orient_course}" anywhere in the main.xml-file?

c.s.g.
  •  

Menion

Hello,

firstly I wanted to write you "sorry, custom screens are already deprecated and will be removed in future".

But when I for second time read, you already spend on it a few hours, I've decided to check it.

Locus test if current active screen require orientation values (to preserve battery). In this test, Locus tested course, pitch, roll and this is all. Unfortunately "guide_wpt_angle" was missing so result was, that your screen did not get correct orientation values. Sorry for this. Issue will be fixed in next version.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello menion,

thank you for the information.

Quote"sorry, custom screens are already deprecated and will be removed in future
I hope ...
(1.) ... "in future" is very far away in the future. Let's say 30 years or so  ;).
or
(2.) ... you are planning to implement a "rotating arrow" in the dashboard editor as an equivalent replacement for "my" rotating arrow in the custom screen . So far as I know this is not possible yet. Or did I miss something?

QuoteSorry for this. Issue will be fixed in next version.
No problem. Glad to hear that you will fix it.

c.s.g.
  •  

Menion

Point 2. is the key ... when I find time to improve dashboard and add in it all features (mainly "rotation") from "Custom Screen", then they may be finally removed ... not before, no worry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •