The import of .gpx files created from GraphHopper maps

Started by silvermapper, August 04, 2015, 10:08:39

silvermapper

I ask this question out of curiosity only.  I have discovered an excellent method to import a ready-made track before embarking upon a walk.  I can plot my proposed walk very easily with a few strategic via points using GraphHopper maps.  I must give credit here to GraphHopper maps for the excellent way it works: the path selection is formidable and the via points are such a better method than Garmin's BaseCamp rubberbanding.  I export a .gpx file that has the name GraphHopper.gpx, which I rename before saving.  I copy the renamed .gpx file to internal storage on my 'phone and import it using Locus Map's own Data>Import function.  Here is the interesting part: two tracks result; one carries the name I gave it but appears to be a series of straight lines between downward-facing red arrows that seem arbitrary and do not match my via points, certainly; the other is named GraphHopper Track, which is the actual path of the compiled track.  Here is the conundrum: is it GraphHopper or Locus Map that is the cause of the two files?
  •  

Menion

Please share a GPX file rather then image. From your image, all seems to be correct.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

silvermapper

menion
I thank you for your reply.  I attach the actual .gpx file I renamed and copied to my PC before importing to Locus Map and a screenshot of 'GraphHopper Track' that is the other of the imported tracks.
  •  

Menion

In file are two tracks.

One common trk object with list of trackpoints and second special GraphHopper route with a few waypoints that define important points along track. So how it looks in Locus is absolutely correct. There is no issue in Locus and also no issue in GraphHopper I think. It is just a method how GH export it's data to GPX and depend only on apps if they improve their import system to support also this solution. And Locus do not support it now.
  •  

silvermapper

menion
I understand what you write now that I open the .gpx file in a text editor.  The two imports surprised me.  I thank you for taking the trouble to explain it.
  •  

Menion

•