[APP] - version 3.10.x (31.07.2015)

Started by Menion, July 04, 2015, 15:51:37

Menion

Hmm this is already possible if you set Locus/mapsVector to SD card and copy whole content from internal storage to SD card, isn't it?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

Yes, that's right. And also if you leave Locus in main memory and set custom folder locations on the SD.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion on July 29, 2015, 19:55:17
Hmm this is already possible if you set Locus/mapsVector to SD card and copy whole content from internal storage to SD card, isn't it?
Yes, that's true but doesn't do what I want it to do, I still want to have my Locus folder in the default internal location but want to have all the data Locus only needs to read on the external one, please refer to
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4036.msg37858#msg37858
Later on in a post where you answered different things you confirmed it doesn't work as suggested.

@john_percy: I don't get what you mean, you argue it works as I request it? Now I also found a post from you in the referenced discussion which goes in the same direction, sorry I didn't see it last time.
  •  

john_percy

I have Locus in main memory, that is, not moved to external SD. That allows me to use the Locus widget.
I set the Locus root directory to be on the external SD. That has drawbacks, not least that all the data is deleted if I ever uninstall Locus but I can live with that. You don't have to do that.
I created a directory on the external SD named LocusMaps and set custom directories for vector maps etc as subdirectories of that, using settings>miscellaneous>default directories
I moved relevant data to those directories including the GraphHopper routing folder. So I have a directory mapsVector/british-isles-gh
And it works.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

New BETA - 3.10.3.7 version is out

I spend whole week on understanding and implementing of new "write to SD card" system from Google. Result it that on 5.0 devices, you may set your backup, mapsVector and data/srtm directories to SD card with full write access. Anyway because this change changed so huge part of Locus, I'm worried about some troubles even during common usage from internal memory or older devices. So everything weird report please, thank you and enjoy weekend!
  •  

gynta

- HW Menu button doesn't work
- edit/delete "www bootmark" doesn't work - also "add quickpoi" - and many other menus doesn't work.

- poidb: count digits on top are useles now - to small . not readable

- poidb: sorting problem not fixed.

+ news layout: better now

- problem to set dir

breaking for now
waiting for new beta :)

michaelbechtold

Most things I tried did work, Menion. Except one FC I found: add a point, get elevation, select download. Crash, if you have Android 4.4 and the SRTM directory is on ext. SD card (i.e. readonly)

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

@gynta: not working popup ... seems to be issue on some 4.x devices, thanks, fixed

- counters: for now, final version

- poidb: sorting problem - am I miss something?

- problem to set dir: do not understand where is a problem

@michaelbechtold: thanks, I'll fix it, there should be just an error message because it won't be possible to download SRTM files to SD card on 4.4 device, only on 5.0+ when you define this in settings
  •  

balloni55

Hi
- in Data/ POI and Tracks it is not possible to show/hide or to sort something with opening windows from bottem panel
- also not possible in opened geocache "cache update", "guide on" "navigate to" "Compass" and so on
EDIT:
- long click on any button on top/side panel, also no reaction when i click on any option in opening window

- my third attempt to get an answer to my reply # 26 :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on August 01, 2015, 07:58:31
- poidb: sorting problem - am I miss something?
hmm, it's more a "ignore factor", i guess 8)
plz see in our Dropbox ("02.poi db topics")
and here:
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4333.msg33836#msg33836
and here:
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4333.msg36801#msg36801

Quote from: menion on August 01, 2015, 07:58:31
- problem to set dir: do not understand where is a problem
see clip
Works with PRO and BETA 3.10.3.6
that's new since last beta...

gynta

Quote from: balloni55 on August 01, 2015, 09:06:45
- in Data/ POI and Tracks it is not possible to show/hide or to sort something with opening windows from bottem panel
- also not possible in opened geocache "cache update", "guide on" "navigate to" "Compass" and so on
- long click on any button on top/side panel, also no reaction when i click on any option in opening window

pls see #69
Quotenot working popup ... seems to be issue on some 4.x devices, thanks, fixed
it seems that's all the same problem.

Bucky Kid

Problem with showing of active tracks: active tracks aren't visible after Locus start until I open tracks manager to verify track is selected and close.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55: hmm sorry for #26, anyway not sure what here. Track restored after restart of Locus ... it is wrong?

Text in navigation ... thanks, we will improve it

@gynta: ignore factor on Dropbox is more then possible as my PC do not notify me about any new files etc. and I personally do not use Dropbox anymore. Anyway I see two main issues in Dropbox, with 3.5 vs 2.4 km radius and with sorting. Both anyway has same answer as here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/annoying-items-on-locus-vector-maps#comment-19515 , sorry

Thanks for video, it helped. I found one more issue, so I hope it is solved now.

@Bucky Kid: what you mean? When you close Locus and any track is visible, then when you open it again, track is not visible till you open list of tracks and return back to map?
  •  

balloni55

Quoteanyway not sure what here. Track restored after restart of Locus ... it is wrong?
in this case i think so,
- store permanently is not checked
- track isnĀ“t stored in any folder
- no popup window ask what to do when i close locus
and so it is for me temporary and not furthermore available on next start of locus.

Another small issue:
after each update of locus and first opening "maps" always online tab is selected, althought in my case an offline map is loaded.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: balloni55 on August 02, 2015, 12:57:49

Another small issue:
after each update of locus and first opening "maps" always online tab is selected, althought in my case an offline map is loaded.

Yes, here too. It is a little annoying because of mobile plan.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •