problem resolving contacts adresses from phone-adressbook

Started by Jollo, April 07, 2011, 16:30:08

Jollo

Hello all!
Yes, now i do remember what was another reason for me finally buying the superb Pro-Version of Locus: Locating contacts adress never really worked for me in the ad-version so far. Now i did clean install on Pro-version and afterwards reinstalled the contacts-addon...
...still setting my adresses waypoint to default coordinates N1°0.000'|E1°0.000' naming it "GeoData".

Who else got into this problem?
Maybe it's not a problem with resolving the adress by interconnected google search but got to do with my motorola-adressbook (would'nt be the first time error issues are based on this). I will try on a desire next time.
  •  

Menion

hi,
  finding address have two steps. Firstly you select contact with address in addon. This address is then pushed back to Locus and I start search dialog for address search and try to obtain some coordinates. So where is problem? When you click on contact, did some search for address start or not? If yes, look into addon on selected contact and write somewhere exactly what is written in second line under contact name (it's address). Then move back and try to add point by address and fill previously written address. If same result with zero coordinates, I just need that address to fix!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Jollo

Thank you for your reply. Maybe i didn't make it as clear as it should be in first post.

Adding a waypoint choosing contact from within Locus runs perfectly and shows exact adress-location.
But if i open up my phones adress-book and activating a contacts adress i get some context-menu serving me  navigation or google maps or Locus etc. for resolving this adress.
Everytime i choose Locus from there for any contacts adress Locus will start up showing me the previously named default-coordinates.
  •  

Menion

aha, so this is problem. Oki oki, I'll look at this, now I fully understand
  •  

Jollo

Poorly i could'nt test this issue on the colleagues HTC Desire, because Locus and even his Navigon-Software isn't registered/associated with contacts adresses. He is just able to call Maps from within his adressbook.
So i can't proof if this issue is caused by Locus or my Motorola-Phonebook.
  •  

Menion

hmm I have same problem on HTC Desire. System is calling direct call to view contact, not it's address. But Locus itself cannot obtain data from contact. Maybe I should add catching of contact address into Locus - addon Contacts. Anyway i think this is not so important, so If you don't worry, I'll leave it as is ...
  •  

Jollo

Quote from: "menion"so If you don't worry, I'll leave it as is ...

This is just "cosmetics", to say.  Would be nice to get this seamless integration to the OS, while Locus is registered for this type of information in (some) Android-systems. As your contacts addon does the job, this is really not this important. But good to know, that i am not alone with this issue  ;)
I got navigation software installed that is also registered this way, and doesn't get the adress. This is really annoying.
  •