internal ROAD theme with contours???

Started by Brian Stark, June 14, 2015, 17:13:48

Brian Stark

Wondering if the stock internal themes can be modified. Also many of the themes on my device are just plain unreadable. Way too small. Is it possible to add a modifier to settings to set an absolute minimum on the size of attributes?
  •  

jusc

Regards J.
  •  

Brian Stark

Thank you very much!

Really trying to get to a look like Rand McNally sort of.

Wondering if there are way to relate weight ratings of roads to the  specification of colors?
  •  

Brian Stark

I've already got the hang off copy paste replace the color values. So I guess its just set trial and error.
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: Brian Stark on June 14, 2015, 17:13:48
Also many of the themes on my device are just plain unreadable. Way too small. Is it possible to add a modifier to settings to set an absolute minimum on the size of attributes?
My guess is you have a high resolution display and you will need a theme that scales text and icons accordingly.
[Shameless plug] Voluntary UK (free from the Locus Store) does that
Store > By Usage | Themes - Vector maps > Locus Community | Voluntary UK

Alternatively there are some settings in Locus you can make use of:
1. Settings > Map - advanced | Miscellaneous | Change map resolution  (check box) AND
    Settings > Map - advanced | Miscellaneous | Set resolution (enter value)
2. Settings > Map - advanced | Vector maps | Text size
3. Settings > Map - objects and style | Style on Map | Map icons size
4. Settings > Map - objects and style | Style on Map | Map text size

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

voldapet

@Brian Stark
Were you able to customize the theme? About the contour lines - I guess that you have quite old app version or theme version. Road theme should not contain the contour lines.
  •  

Brian Stark

Yes. I can actually found just about any entry using a color picker and then using screen shot taking the hex values and searching the XML to find entities with that for colors value. Before you suggest all sorts of windows tools I am strictly limited to android at this time. I have the most recent version. And no roads does not have contours. I was unaware of the most wonderful multi theme voluntary. It is my wish to modify a them to match a idea I have and then publish it in store for DL
  •  

voldapet

I use notepad++ with color picker plugin http://code.google.com/p/nppqcp/  But it is MS windows app...
  •  

Brian Stark

I am using jota+ premium and it does my needs. Thank you all
  •