Nogo area, Locus with Brouter

Started by fingret, May 24, 2015, 01:06:43

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

fingret

Hi

Can someone tell me how to use nogo areas when using Locus together with brouter?

I have added a new point on the map, where I don't want to go. I named this point "nogo50 test". Then I start navigation, but brouter routes me straight through this nogo point anyway. Why?

Thank you
  •  

gynta

Hi

using: https://youtu.be/e33Yf496RTs

setup (not so helpful because old and in german): https://youtu.be/EOBLKOst6Zs
but maybe you can post a better description of your problem after viewing.

Christian

  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: gynta on May 24, 2015, 01:28:36
using: https://youtu.be/e33Yf496RTs
@gynta - excellent setup video - I didn't know that method of export to BRouter was possible (not in Locus manual?). Does Locus "export" all visible named points to BRouter using workflow you show in video? Where have the Locus Direction icons gone for quick points? All I have is Locus & Garmin icons.
LM4.11.1.3 GOLD user ID:142d400c7
  •  

gynta

Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 25, 2015, 01:37:37
@gynta - excellent setup video
thx

QuoteI didn't know that method of export to BRouter was possible (not in Locus manual?).
nope - because that's a part of -> BRouter doc and it's not really a essential part for manual - maybe a goodie for "customize section". Be sure, Michal doing a hard job to finishing the manual and we will see - maybe there is more time to add some goodies again into knowledge base.

QuoteDoes Locus "export" all visible named points to BRouter using workflow you show in video? Where have the Locus Direction icons gone for quick points? All I have is Locus & Garmin icons.
Belive me. I didn't make a secret about BRouter but my english skills are not good enough to create a similar help page as i made it already in german forum. -> link

btw.
icons -> http://www.oldboys.at/dl/locus/directions.zip

Andrew Heard

Quote from: gynta on May 25, 2015, 18:54:17
nope - because that's a part of -> BRouter doc and it's not really a essential part for manual - maybe a goodie for "customize section".

btw icons -> http://www.oldboys.at/dl/locus/directions.zip
But if Locus sends to/from/poi/nogo POI's to BRouter, then that "part" is code/ feature inside Locus, and could be in the manual (customize section).

icons - ah ha - so many hidden features - thank you again.
LM4.11.1.3 GOLD user ID:142d400c7
  •  

gynta

Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 26, 2015, 00:39:33
But if Locus sends to/from/poi/nogo POI's to BRouter, then that "part" is code/ feature inside Locus.
It's more like this:
On BRouter start, the app is looking in the locus database for his keywords and if brouter found a "from" and a "to" point* there is a action and a item will be created. So Locus makes no action.

*optional viax and nogox

Michal

Gentlemen, I wrote the needed article yesterday, please feel free to comment on it: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tracks:planning:brouter. Links to it are in Route planning, Navigation settings and of course Customization sections.
PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: gynta on May 26, 2015, 00:57:04
On BRouter start, the app is looking in the locus database for his keywords and if brouter found a "from" and a "to" point* there is a action and a item will be created. So Locus makes no action.
Wow, very intimate knowledge required by BRouter. Thanks for the description. What would be nice is Locus automatically detect the new mapItems/*.gpx & automatically load & display on the map. Then it is just one tap to calculate & display the track.
LM4.11.1.3 GOLD user ID:142d400c7
  •  

john_percy

I've got BRouter working within Locus fine using the "standard" method but I'm struggling with this via points method.
I have previously set custom folders for Locus on my external SD, including for mapitems.
I think I have correctly set "from" and "to" Quickpoints, stored in a BRouter folder.
When I run the BRouter app, it cannot find the points in what it tells me is the default folder, /storage/emulated/0/Locus.
I can neither work out where they actually are, nor how to tell BRouter where to look.
Can anyone please help?
  •  

gynta

#10
[OT] (because topic was nogo area)

Do you know new via function inside Locus (without quickpoints)?

edit
means the "navigate to" function


john_percy

Quote from: john_percy on July 29, 2015, 11:20:59
I've got BRouter working within Locus fine using the "standard" method but I'm struggling with this via points method.
I have previously set custom folders for Locus on my external SD, including for mapitems.
I think I have correctly set "from" and "to" Quickpoints, stored in a BRouter folder.
When I run the BRouter app, it cannot find the points in what it tells me is the default folder, /storage/emulated/0/Locus.
I can neither work out where they actually are, nor how to tell BRouter where to look.
Can anyone please help?
This wasn't intended to be off topic, so I'd better be clearer.
I can do the normal Locus routing with BRouter, including using via points. I now am trying the alternative method, including no go areas. However I have not yet managed to get even the from and to points working.
  •  

gynta

#12
to be sure
u want use Locus and brouter like https://youtu.be/e33Yf496RTs  ?

And you have set Locus like this: https://youtu.be/EOBLKOst6Zs
(hint: start at 01:05)

john_percy

a) yes
b) yes
When I get to 4:27 in the second video, after selecting the profile I get:

  •  

gynta

#14
simple from - to works? (without via and nogo point)
please attach 2 screenshots from your quick points menu: from and to (in edit mode)

like this