[APP] - version 3.9.x (29. 6. 2015)

Started by Menion, May 22, 2015, 14:36:43

Menion

@balloni55: รกรกรก minute before I wanted to go to bed, crash with tap on waypoint happen to me also. So I've probably found it. Will be fixed in next Beta!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: tramp20 on June 29, 2015, 17:00:15
Automatic backup fails only in 3.9.3.3 on two devices.
I tried it several times, manual backups (full and settings only) are ok.
I made a catlog but I cannot send it from my phone.

Catlog attached now.
This happens on LP 5.0.1 and JB 4.0.2, both rooted.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

balloni55

Quotehmm because you see image correctly rotate in small overview and incorrectly in big view, I thing I've found an issue. So in next version.
opening from POI  image is not rotated :) perfect
but if i export this POI as .kmz, in GE image is rotated, and also if i reimport this .kmz to locus :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hmm I tried your previously attached file "cymera" and it works correctly for me. If Goggle Earth make troubles, it is possible. But Locus should correctly rotate reloaded images (as they are exactly same as original), weird.
  •  

balloni55

sorry, yesterday i uploaded only always correct displayed photo from "cymera app" :)
attached example is taken with "Camera Broser FX" and this one is rotated in exported and reimported .kmz
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

stebu

Quote from: balloni55 on June 30, 2015, 12:40:37
sorry, yesterday i uploaded only always correct displayed photo from "cymera app" :)
attached example is taken with "Camera Broser FX" and this one is rotated in exported and reimported .kmz
The exif info has "Orientation - Right top". I have had problems with these tags, some viewing software (on Win 7) support these and some don't. So my primary viewing software (Irfanview) strips/clears this tag, then all other viewers show the photos as I intended.
  •  

balloni55

Hi stebu,
Quoteorientation: cymera "top left" ZoomFX "right top"
i am aware of this ;)
on PC autorotate is also possible with "jpg rotate" in batch mode, but this is awkward workflow.
Yesterday menion found a solution which work inside locus, so my hope is he also find a working solution for exported and reimported photos.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on June 29, 2015, 17:04:18
- missing navigation icons - thanks gynta :). I was lazy to do it.
sorry for wrong size :/
orig. file attached

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on June 29, 2015, 23:59:35
Hmm do not know about it. It works in all cases, no matter which screen is currently active.
@menion I can't find your quote now, a few weeks ago, but when last discussed you said idle time was only related to navigation/ guidance. The "auto screen turn-off" setting is only enabled if one or more of 3 guidance/ navigation checkboxes are also enabled.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

zossebart

Quote from: menion on June 28, 2015, 22:31:09
New BETA version 3.9.3.3

What brings to You (just most interesting):
- "Navigate to" now allow to specify up to two "Via points". These points will be also used for "recalculate" so till you do not pass them during your ride, recalculate always compute just a navigation till this point and merge it with already computed navigation from this "via point"
Tested this yesterday (with recalculation), worked like a charm! Finally, I can activate recalculation again, because I use via points nearly all the time (using route&measure) and recalculation made me often miss the via points in previous versions. Thank you so much, Locus keeps getting better and better! May I ask for more than 2 via points?

Quote from: menion on June 28, 2015, 22:31:09
- attach photo to point and tap on it on a map. Photo is visible in label together with ability to display it in full size
Also tested this yesterday. Works as expected, no orientation problems when using the default camera app.
However, I had some problems with "normal" POIs from my personal POIs. Locus (3.9.3.4) crashed most of the time when selecting them on the map. POIs from the POI-db or POIs associated with a track (including photo POIs) seem to work.
I don't know if this is caused by the new photo POI feature, but I don't have this problem in latest Locus Pro.
  •  

Andrew Heard

LoCoins are deducted before download is successful
Just now I tried to buy the Locus France vector complete map (240 LoCoins). I had sufficient credit. I started the download but Locus correctly indicated there was insufficient free space, so I freed up the necessary space by deleting the existing map files of France. I then noticed Locus has already deducted the LoCoins but no download was occurring. Can someone sort this out for me please? Shouldn't Locus wait until the download is completed before making the deduction? Of course I could add some more credit, but I shouldn't have to.
  •  

john_percy

In the latest pro and beta versions, the World vector map reappears in list of maps although it should be hidden.
I deleted the map and downloaded it again from the store. On restarting Locus, it was back in the list of maps .
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@balloni55: hmm problem in Google Earth (rotated image) will be fixed in next version. It was issue in Locus, thanks. By re-import - you mean that you import back exported KMZ file? This unfortunately only insert generated description with small image overview, but photo won't be attached as in source point, right? This needs to be improved, I'm aware of it.

@gynta: thanks :)

@Andrew Heard:
Quote from: Andrew Heard on June 30, 2015, 23:51:36
Quote from: menion on June 29, 2015, 23:59:35
Hmm do not know about it. It works in all cases, no matter which screen is currently active.
@menion I can't find your quote now, a few weeks ago, but when last discussed you said idle time was only related to navigation/ guidance. The "auto screen turn-off" setting is only enabled if one or more of 3 guidance/ navigation checkboxes are also enabled.
This is correctly of course. I'm sure we talk here about situation, navigation/guidance is active AND you are currently not in a map screen, but in some other screen.

@zossebart: thanks, I also tested it quite a lot during last days and it works very well. In the end, I've decided to promote all added points in "add new route" feature, also to "via points". We will see how this will work!

About crash - I think it will be same problem as @balloni55 reported above. So consider it as solved, thanks anyway!

@Andrew Heard: hmm I think, current behavior is correct in case of vector maps. Because when you purchase it, you may download it for unlimited time during an year. It is yours. So there is no need to worry, that your paid for something, you won't get. In case there will be any problem during download, low space on card, etc. No problem, you may just try it later.

@john_percy: may you please check bottom blue "+" button > "Add external maps", if there is not this world map folder? By any accident. Thanks
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: menion on July 01, 2015, 12:10:35
@john_percy: may you please check bottom blue "+" button > "Add external maps", if there is not this world map folder? By any accident. Thanks
Aha. Yes, I had my Vector maps folder "added" here and the _world folder is a subfolder.of this. My Vector maps folder is also linked by Settings > Miscellaneous > Default directories
Did something change, or was it me?
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on July 01, 2015, 12:10:35
@Andrew Heard: hmm I think, current behavior is correct in case of vector maps. Because when you purchase it, you may download it for unlimited time during an year. It is yours. So there is no need to worry, that your paid for something, you won't get. In case there will be any problem during download, low space on card, etc. No problem, you may just try it later.
thanks Menion, I didn't make my experience clear - when the purchase failed only the UPDATE button was displayed. So I had no option to DOWNLOAD the map. Today when I try again (after Locus exit of course) now the DOWNLOAD button is displayed instead of UPDATE button, so I am able to download as suggested. I'm not sure how to improve the situation, but I hope you can understand my issue now. I had to restart Locus in order to perform download.
  •