[APP] - version 3.9.x (29. 6. 2015)

Started by Menion, May 22, 2015, 14:36:43

tramp20

Quote from: balloni55 on June 21, 2015, 14:16:02
my first view on OA layers
the colours of the different trials are not clearly arranged, hike and cycle trials are displayed more or less red

I "found" the official OutdoorActive app in the WWW and played for some minutes with the all layers. But I had no time to test all
Btw. this app is terrible and crashes all the time but you can see if the different colors look the same as in Locus.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

@balloni55: ask me on our own vector maps, but please, not on a maps from 3rd party provider  ;D

Source for maps is same as here: http://www.outdooractive.com/en/tourplanner/ , please check top right "Map" button and section "Overlays" at bottom.

Anyway, interesting questions. I'll forward them to OA owners as a nice feedback for them.

@gynta: oki, I'll try to change it to next version.

EDIT:
@tramp20: also nice alternative. Should be anyway all same (apps and web) as the data source should be same
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

I think replace "vector" with "offline"?

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Very minor but to be consistent with other settings, the Track Recording > Automatic Start setting could be improved by displaying the current value in brackets () at start of the text - similar to setting above (Side panel)

•  

Menion

Replace "vector" with "offline" is not so simple here :). Settings below (auto-load + text size) really apply only on a vector maps, not all offline maps. That is reason, why I'm still leaving these settings separated.

"Auto-start of track recording" - are you sure it do not work? If I select any profile here, it is visible exactly as you wants in brackets
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on June 22, 2015, 09:41:12
Replace "vector" with "offline" is not so simple here
OK - I thought (wrongly) all words "vector" were to be replaced with "offline" as more meaningful to average user (like me). Sorry.

Quote from: menion on June 22, 2015, 09:41:12
"Auto-start of track recording" - are you sure it do not work? If I select any profile here, it is visible exactly as you wants in brackets
Ah yes - words appear in brackets if one of (foot|cycle|car), but no text in brackets if "No action". That seems inconsistent to me. Opposite example: Map auto-load (No map auto-load|Auto-load...|Auto-load...). Minor suggestion.
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion,
after start of locus and first time click button from side panel "add new route" theme and + button cover.
If i close and reopen "add new route" theme button move up as expected

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jusc

A very old "map failure" is back.
If you check "show dynamic altitude" and move over Hamburg Binnenalster you get an altitude of "-32768m".
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard: hmm then if will be quite a problem with inconsistence. Please also check four last settings directly inside track record profile. Also fix? :). In most cases, probably except "map auto load", "nothing selected" is not visible.

@balloni55
: thanks. Something weird happen here. At start, when extra bottom panel is visible, Locus receive information that panel is visible, but on request "how height is it", I receive simply "0". Later it returns correct values. So I found different, in the end easier method, which returns correct values. On second side, long testing is lost because now I use different method :). So except, that in beta version may be a problem on different place. We will see, thanks!

@jusc: sorry, cannot simulate. please, give me exact coordinates, thanks. Your HGT files are downloaded over Locus right? If not, it is maybe not a Locus problem!
  •  

john_percy

@jusc: the original SRTM height data contained some "holes" just like that due to missing information. The data now available has been processed to get rid of such errors and Locus is supposed to download and use this version.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

jusc

@John,

yes I know but I thought there was a workaround in Locus in the past.

Regards J.
  •  

Menion

nope, no workaround. HGT files downloaded over Locus are fixed. Other sources are on own risk.

EDIT: @balloni: hmm I had to revert this change as is caused more troubles then usage. Interesting ... :(. So fix will have to wait till some nice idea appear (idea in developers world), sorry.
  •  

john_percy

@jusc: You could download the latest corrected hgt data from http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/Coverage%20map%20viewfinderpanoramas_org3.htm and see if it gives the same error when you upload it into Locus.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on June 23, 2015, 16:21:10
@Andrew Heard: hmm then if will be quite a problem with inconsistence. Please also check four last settings directly inside track record profile. Also fix? :). In most cases, probably except "map auto load", "nothing selected" is not visible.
@menion I checked 4 last profile settings - hmmm, your decision, for other complex/ multi-variable settings (eg. Display>Orientation Lock) you have "(blue-summary)". This seems only case of simple variable setting without consistent "(blue-summary)". Minor issue.
  •  

tramp20

@menion,
today I got this after exporting a track to DropBox (Locus pro 3.9.3):

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •