[APP] - version 3.9.x (29. 6. 2015)

Started by Menion, May 22, 2015, 14:36:43

Diddi

Bug for me when using the Hardware menu button
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello menion,
I have the same problem as TimoG on a Samsung Galaxy S Advance running Android 4.1.2.

After calling the filter dialog...

When changing in landscape mode and back to portrait mode...

c.s.g.

PS:  Android 4.1.2 is original Samsung stock rom and the device is not modified / rooted in any way.
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on May 22, 2015, 21:26:24
@Christian: fine, so when you define style to track itself together with some coloring based on altitude, it exactly same style used also during guidance? (so track is also correctly colored by altitude)?
No, guidance track use only color and line style from track not the mode i.e. altitude
  •  

Andrew Heard

>chg: changed (a little bit) coloring of track gradient on a map
the green (eg. flat road) color is now a nice solid 00FF00 color instead of pale like in 3.8 - thank you

>chg: navigation panel with streets is now hidden if route do not have any streets values
thanks, works well

>fix: convert trackpoint to waypoint now use correct index on track (in case of more trackpoints on one
place)
is this fix related to tapping forward button in Track Edit mode, eg. for "circular loop" within a track, and the cursor never moves to the final point? it has been discussed in 3.8.x forum many times I think. See attached file from @0709 <kouterbosstraat.tcx> - if you continually tap forward button you just go around and around the loop instead of following the correct order towards the finish. The trackpoints look correct in Notepad or GPS Track Editor or BaseCamp. So not possible to edit some track points.

>fix: switching of tracks points by left/right arrows in edit mode
this bug hasn't occurred for me since fix announced in beta, so I think is finally sorted, thanks
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@TimoG , @c.s.g. and others with filter issues on Android 4.1

I was fortunately able to simulate same issue on my old forgotten Xperia device. Anyway it looks like issue in Android itself. After some fight, only solution that works correctly seems to be add icon on right side. It looks little bit ... different :). But it works, which is important I believe!

Thanks for report and patience with fixing!

@Diddi: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/hardware-button-menu-has-black-on-very-dark-gray

@Andrew Heard: nono, last mentioned fix was in case, you have track in both directions, you choose second point (so point that lay on track back) and convert this point to navigation point. In previous versions it converted first point and not correctly the second one.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Bucky Kid

Quote from: menion on May 22, 2015, 21:26:24
@Christian: fine, so when you define style to track itself together with some coloring based on altitude, it exactly same style used also during guidance? (so track is also correctly colored by altitude)?

Exactly so. Like for navigation for guiding it would be also useful to have following track visually distinguished from passed track. On the other side it would be also useful to have still somehow original track colouring (elevation change etc.) available. The same for navigation route (disables setting own linestyle already)

Quote from: Christian on May 22, 2015, 23:13:18
No, guidance track use only color and line style from track not the mode i.e. altitude
Not so, guidance track uses all the style of saved track (which is good ofcourse).
But similar to navigating track the remaining part from upcoming waypoint on should be visually differenced too.
  •  

gynta

About news http://www.locusmap.eu/news-version-3-9-0/
Share your tracks on Facebook!

I really don't care about fb - and now i have an unwanted function in trackmenu. great - we talked hours about important entries and now i have this piece... right in my face :-X called f*book

Bucky Kid

Quote from: gynta on May 23, 2015, 16:00:04
I really don't care about fb - and now i have an unwanted function in trackmenu. great - we talked hours about important entries and now i have this piece... right in my face :-X called f*book

I don't like the entry too. Maybe it could be visible only for devices with synced fb accounts and /or facebook app installed (or removable all fb entries via config.cfg) I agree that for devices not using fb this is only space waster.
  •  

jusc

And if you try to share it, you´ll get an error.
Regards J.
  •  

prawns

The first time I tried to post to facebook, locus asked for my details etc then failed posting to facebook as well.

I restarted locus and now it works posting to facebook :)  Try restarting locus after it has your facebook details - seems to work from then on.

One complaint though - I dont like the drop down options of "cycling" or "running" or "walking" considering my tracks are none of those ;)

My tracks are all offroad driving, or kayaking, or boating trips, or "trolling" records for fishing purposes -  so "daniel biked 15kms" doesnt really work when its showing a track over the ocean for example hahhahah (no biggy though to be honest but maybe something to optimise later with a customiseable version perhaps - or just a generic option like "travelled" which could encompass all activitys as an extra option in the list)

I dont mind the feature - saves me taking screenshots of multiple pages to get both the map and some of the distance details etc onto facebook :)

Christian

Quote from: Bucky Kid on May 23, 2015, 16:26:59I don't like the entry too. Maybe it could be visible only for devices with synced fb accounts and /or facebook app installed (or removable all fb entries via config.cfg) I agree that for devices not using fb this is only space waster.
+1
Thanx gynta for starting this discussion.
  •  

gynta

About news http://www.locusmap.eu/news-version-3-9-0/
Enjoy clearer and faster access to your points and tracks

Nice idea - but unfortunately i miss the old long tap function

In this regard, I want to point out to this idea: clean up whole map and remove all loaded items from map with "one" tap.

Menion

Quote from: gynta on May 23, 2015, 16:00:04

And how much you care about "Compute area"? No one ever complained about extra button. It is just Facebook is small "nightmare" to half of world, and "heaven" for second ;). Btw. help.locusmap.eu

@Bucky kid: I'm now not 100% sure what works for you and what I have already fixed. So check next version. It is possible, there will still be any issue in inheriting a styles for guidance. If so, give me please third round, thanks.

@jusc, @prawns : do you remember what error you saw? Hmm ...

@prawns: you may see after posting a nice map preview with some details. This preview is generated automatically by facebook. This their system is anyway part of "Fitness" activities (you may see somewhere on FB section called fitness), so they allow only these three options - walk, running, cycling.

I'm thinking about ability to generate some map preview, attach photos and allow publishing this as common post, not as a "Fitness". But still no idea on Facebook or email that say me users are interested in this. So I have to wait ... :).

@gynta: heh, I have this feature in my mind at least once per month and I'm still waiting on some amazing idea how this all solve once forever ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on May 23, 2015, 23:06:35
And how much you care about "Compute area"?
good point - kick it also  ;)

Seriously:
We talking (e.g.) since 3 years about "Deeper GPSies integration"
but i see no word about fb inside help:
QuoteSearch Results (0) - "facebook"
"Track to GPSies" is included as export typ now - so this is my suggestion:

jusc

Mine was something like : "it was not recorded". That was true, but I created it with BRouter. And why should it not be shareable?
Regards J.
  •