I cannot get zoom lock to work

Started by rob54321, May 22, 2015, 11:28:32

rob54321

Hi, when navigating or just moving without navigating I selected zoom lock. The zoom changes and ignores the setting.
What else should I do to lock the zoom?
Thanks,
Rob
  •  

gynta

Quote from: rob54321 on May 22, 2015, 11:28:32...The zoom changes and ignores the setting. What else should I do to lock the zoom?
Hello Rob
The question is - what do you expect exactly from function "zoom lock"?

rob54321

To lock the zoom so it stays on the same zoom level.
  •  

balloni55

take a look to
menu/settings/maps advanced/Auto zoom
is this option checked?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

rob54321

•  

ohgood

ditto, zoom lick has never worked for me either.
  •  

rob54321

Wonder if it is possible to get a refund? I have asked. Waiting for a reply. Thanks for your help/confirmation.
  •  

Menion

never worked? refund? automatic change of zoom?

Wait ... are we all talk about "Locus Map" application? Because

1) I never heard that zoom lock do not work
2) I see no refund request on our support email
3) with disabled! automatic zoom (as balloni55 mentioned) in settings, Locus do not do any other automatic zooming. At least as I know :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

i fear there is only a wrong interpretation of "zomm lock" or a simple user/handling problem :)
that's why im ask on first my reply...

@rob
Quote from: rob54321 on May 22, 2015, 11:28:32
The zoom changes and ignores the setting
...means Locus zomm map automatically and you do nothing - only look on your display?

prawns

I think it works as advertised from my perspective anyway

You notice on maps if your zoomed right out - it doesnt display things like street names until you zoom in closer? with zoom lock you can zoom in until the street names show - then lock the zoom and you can then zoom out without losing the street names disapearing on the screen.

Conversley...you can zoom lock whilst zoomed out where the details arnt showing on the map, hit zoom lock and then you can zoom right in without any further details like street names popping up.

Think of it like a "digital zoom" on a digital camera - It is actually locking the "zoom level" to say the maps zoom level 15, but still allows adjustment while still staying on the zoom level 15 and associated map details which normally display at that specific zoom level

rob54321

•  

prawns

No worries - I can see how that option could be confusing. Possibly better to rename it to "Lock detail level" as thats the main thing it really affects