Locus can't load personal map (IGN map)

Started by Thierry, May 04, 2015, 22:22:03

Thierry

Hello,
Since transfer to Android Kitkat I can't read, I usually do, IGN maps (ending by .sqlitedb) stored on External SD card.
So as recommended,  I removed, downloaded and transfered new Locus application on SD card (enclosed all Locus folders).
Then I transferred (via my laptop) an IGN map  (*.sqlitedb) on the dedicated directory : /maps but Locus don't upload this map when Locus start.
When I start Locus Its ask me to choose default directory => I chose /mnt/extSdCard/locus but I haven't time enough to see what is written in the upload window before launching the rest of Locus application.
The result : in personal maps I don't see IGN maps loaded previously.
Thank you very much for your help because before moving on new android version that worked well.
What can I do because I search unsuccessfully everywhere (doc, forum, etc) a solution.
Regards,
Thierry
  •  

Menion

Good day Thierry,

do not know from where you get IGN maps in SQLite database, but these maps are not officially supported by Locus.

If you have any problems with maps in Locus, firstly try for example download small area of "MapQuest Open" map to see, if SQLite database works for you correctly. If it will work, you should check where Locus automatically downloaded this MapQuest map and place your own maps into same directory.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Thierry

thank for your return,
you're right it's not IGN map but I'd rather say I use some map *.sqlitedb that is not read by Locus when launching. I'll try your suggestion and come back to you.
  •  

Thierry

I did what you suggested but when I download a small part of "MapQuest Open" map, Locus put this new file on ...(GT-I\Phone\Locus\maps but in my phone storage (creating again all Locus directory) not in my SD card storage.. But because of lack of space I want Locus to use /map on my External SD card. What should I do because once again after transferring this new file on the SD card /map directory I can reach it ?
  •  

Menion

Hmm are you aware of nice limitations on Android 4.4+ http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:use_sdcard_on_kitkat ? Maybe mentioned topic may explain to you some details which may be useful.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •