Manual on docs.locusmap.eu - v2 (published Q4 / 2015)

Started by Menion, April 29, 2015, 21:29:39

Andrew Heard

@Michal - the navigation advanced settings (http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:functions:navigation:settings) need updating. There should be a description of "strict route navigation" & other recent changes. I was trying to find out the exact difference between strict & not-strict route navigation.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Michal

Hi Andrew, actually there are quite a lot of crosslinks in the articles but you're right, it needed some major ones. I've added them. I've also updated the navigation settings section. Thanks for comments!
PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •  

gynta

Hi Michal

http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tracks:management
QuoteTracks in Locus Map are managed in Tracks tab of the Data Manager.
The Track tab can be accessed directly by:..
..."Main menu > Data"
was not 100% correct.
because there is no "Data" in default Locus

edit
think it means
Top panel > Data  > Tracks Tab ?

Michal

Hi Gynta, thanks you've noticed... of course it wasn't correct. Fixed.
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Michal

•  

balloni55

Hi Michal
in some posts, e.g. in this
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/own-caches-yellow-star-are-reverted-to-normal-cache-on-update-cache
user do not know and didn´t understand why dialog/connecting to "geocaching.com" some times work and some times not.

so please add an info to manual (geocaching) for better understanding.
I build a little list to get an overview how it works, please verify accuracy of it ;)

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Michal

Hi Wolfgang,
the post you mentioned deals with problems of validating via Geocaching LIVE connected with transferring settings backup to another device. As Menion wrote in his answer - the manual isn't the place to explain why things work or don't work unless its necessary for understanding a particular feature. All features you've listed in the table require Internet connection and valid geocaching.com login. As in the case explained in the post above, the login was broken as it wasn't backed up. Or, as happened a while ago, some externals like e.g. G4L addon are updated which requires renewal of login ticket. There surely are more cases when the login is required repeatedly but the manual regards only ordinary actions, not these above mentioned - that's why we maintain the support page as well.
  •  

balloni55

Thanks for your answer
can´t understand your decision, but no problem for me
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hmm I think that both are correct. Missing third button should be visible only in case, you have installed Google Earth in your device. It is same button as in "Point screen" - it allows to work with track in 3rd party apps. And only app that can now handle track from Locus is Google Earth.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Michal

I added information that the button is hidden when no 3rd app is installed. Thanks for the remark!
  •  

balloni55

Hi Michal, Klaus
respond this post
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/i-dont-find-any-hint-on-your-site-what-is-the-value-of-1-locus-coin-in-%E2%82%AC
i found that in en and de version of manual the screenshot display cz currency,
please change screenshot for de=Euro for en=?
Thanks
Wolfgang
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Michal

Hi Wolfgang,

okay, but there's a problem - it's quite difficult to make it happen when all our Gplay accounts are registered in Czech rep. Will you please provide a screenshot of the page with EUR values? I'll gladly add it to the manual. Many thanks!

And if anybody from U.S. reads this - will you please make a screenshot of Locus Store > Purchase Locoins with USD values and post it here? Many thanks, will be much appreciated!
  •  

balloni55

Hi Michal
one from official version and one from test version

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •