Using Auto Zoom during Guiding disables centering

Started by TrulloF, April 27, 2015, 14:14:25

TrulloF

Hi. I'm using Locus Pro 3.8.2, but this bug exists since a few versions.
Everytime you use the automatic zoom function with guiding enabled and the zoom level changes according to your speed, the position is not centered anymore, meaning it doesn't follow your actual position (centering gets disabled). Please note that this only occurs when there's a change between zoom levels (e.g. from 18 to 17 or 15 to 14). Zooming within one level does work.
I often use this function while driving in my car and it's very annoying to re-enable centering everytime time.
Could you please fix that behavior? Thank you in advance.
  •  

JTKorken

Hello,

I have something similar with recoding POIs. After recording a point and switching back to map, auto centering is disabled. Already present until many versions.

Regards
  •  

Menion

hello @TrulloF, thanks for your report. But unfortunately not matter what I do, I'm unable to simulate your issue. Anyone with same problem?

Are you using device GPS? Any special settings? Is this problem really happen only when zoom is changed, cannot be there any other influence?

@JTKorken: same as TrulloF, I'm unable to simulate it. For me, centering is still enabled even when I store new waypoint during track recording ... ah, I probably found it. When i store basic point to Locus database, centering is disabled, right? I'll check it why this happen, thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

JTKorken

•  

Menion

Fine, currently it worked, then when you created a new point, then after return to map, map was centered on this new point location.

I'll improve this to next version, so if you create a new point and centering will be enabled, Locus do not disable it. Otherwise, map will be centered to this new point location.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

JTKorken

Menion, this sounds very consistent to me! Thanks a lot!
  •  

TrulloF

Hi.
I tried everything, meaning I completely started over by deleting all settings of the app and old config files, but to no avail. The problem still persists. If I disable the autozoom feature it works as intended, but when it's enabled, focus gets lost during guiding, which is really annoying to say the least.
My phone is a Sony Z1C with the latest Android stock system (5.0.2), but I don't think that this is the problem, because I get the same behavior on my old Motorola Razr HD (4.4.4 and 5.0.2 aosp systems).
Please, could anybody verify if I'm the only unlucky person with that problem (try to use guiding when driving in a car and going over 60 km/h). Thanks in advance

•  

gynta

Quote from: TrulloF on May 09, 2015, 11:42:59
My phone is a Sony Z1C with the latest Android stock system (5.0.2), but I don't think that this is the problem, because I get the same behavior on my old Motorola Razr HD (4.4.4 and 5.0.2 aosp systems).
Hello TrulloF
And your Locus version?

TrulloF

•  

gynta

Quote from: TrulloF on May 09, 2015, 12:53:263.8.2
26.04.2015 -> 3.8.2 published
28.04.2015 -> Menion wrote "I'll improve this to next version"
09.05 2015 -> So i think next means higher than 3.8.2

TrulloF

Hi.
I tried the new test version 3.8.2.3 and initially it seemed to work now, but after some minutes driving the map zoomed out to zoom level 14 (I was driving below 50 km/h). It still followed the map and returned to the usual zoom level, but there was a strange effect now. The map center was not centered anymore, althouh it was following my position (see the screenshot), the effect was gone, when enabling side and top bars and returned when they got disabled (see the other screenshot).
  •