[APP] - version 1.4.x

Started by Menion, April 06, 2011, 14:17:10

Menion

11.4.2011 - Locus 1.4.3.3
fine volunteers, lets go tune. I'm currently out of power :). This version is only for hardcore testers and on own risk!

IMPORTANT

This version change TRACK DATABASE, so backup Locus/data/dbtracks.sqll file! Changed file will not be perfectly usable in older version so count with that! Also to use full features in new version, like guiding along RTE GPX tracks, import data again! All features around track need to be tested, so please do it and every, even a small problem, write me. I was working on it for around two days, but that doesn't mean that there will be no problem. True is opposite :).

Also I want to add back support for My Maps. Here are enabled and fully working except remaining problems on 2.1 systems and also not working export to Locus database. Issues are also welcome

• rewrite whole system for track handling. What does it mean for you? Better support for RTE and TRK tags, ability to add point into track during track record, exporting segments separated by "pause", ability to guide along RTE tracks as well as along TRK tracks. Maybe some more ...
  • new color picker dialog. Hope this will be useful for you
  • some new settings

8.4.2011 - Locus 1.4.3.1
  • this is valid version till 15.4., install as Free, work as Pro
  • added new (improved) method to add Online maps - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=45
  • finally working Guide along track? (fixed some problems and added Guide on next point button
  • added merging of tracks
  • some map fixes

6.4.2011 - Locus 1.4.0
  • new Free and Pro version released on market
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

new testing version for Guiding fanatics and Map experts ;)
  •  

Menion

EDIT: hmm I just discovered problem with importing geocaches, founded aren't signed as founded. sorry, fixed
  •  

berkley

just wanted tell that... :D

everything works fine so far. at least for my usage. thanks a lot!!!
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

johndirt

You can try popular and requested "noname" maps (CZ+SK) with relief. Copy files from zip file to folder "LocusmapsOnlinecustom"
http://www.uloz.to/8584910/om-custom-zip
  •  

Menion

did this work for you john? I think you have to remove '=' in referer ...

just "Referer#http://www.c..." will be OK;)
  •  

johndirt

My xml file works OK just with script: Referer# = "http://www..../". Some problems are: different zoom limits (Prague 24; country CZ+SK 23) and factor "absolute flatland", when are absent some relief tiles in fileserver (for example around Terezin [LI]). This results by downloading  tile to "Unknown problem".
  •  

johndirt

Now it seems, that both scripts is function:
1) Referer#http://www../   --- OK
2) Referer# = "http://www..../" --- OK
  •  

Menion

hmm interesting, have to check. anyway to missing relief tiles, just check to relief layer "required"=false. By this, when no relief file is available but background yes, it will display just a background
  •  

svartbjorn

Test version 1.4.3.1: Guiding perfect! Merge Tracks perfect! One small POI alert issue.
I did som testing today.

Guiding is 100% perfect in my opinion. Guiding Nearest, Guiding Reverse, Guiding Next Point, jumping, guiding sounds, - all that is working perfectly now as fas as I have experienced. These are reach features that I never have seen in any other app before.

There is one small improved feature I could think of: there are several apps on the Market, that have one function: to alert you when you approach a waypoint. The only reason I still keep one of these, is that I want to be sure I wake up when by train approaches my target station, and those apps allow me to select an alert tone of my choice. Locus has only one single beep for POI or an optional series of beeps for waypoint. The single POI beep may not wake me up. And when on a train I would prefer so select a ring tone of my choice. Would that be possible? The beep you have is great and the best when out exercising, but may be not that nice when on a bus/train. Just an idea. Not a big deal.

The new feature, Merge Tracks, works flawlessly!

I found a small POI alert issue. The Tools menu says that I will get an alert when close to VISIBLE POIs. Here is what I tried:
 - selected one POI and turned on POI alert. Locus correctly gives me alert when within specified distance
 - I then hided the POI. The POI alert still turn on alert when I move map center closer to the now non-visible POI. I understand this was not supposed to happen, right?
 - If I move map center close to _another_ non-visible POI, I do not get any alert (which is correct, right?)

Excellent work, Menion!!!
Thank you very much!
  •  

Menion

version you tested is two days old! much of this core is replaced so wait with big testing to tomorrow. I during today trip discovered few issues I have to fix ...!!!
  •  

svartbjorn

Aha, so that is why it looked pretty much as before. I saw your annoncement of completely rewritten guiding software, so I was surprised it looked as before. I thought 1.4.3.1 was the new one. Ok, I will wait for your new test release. I am really curious what you have done this time, because I find the existing implementation perfect, meeting all the requests that have been discuused at the forum recently. So I can't imagine how you can make a perfect solution even better!
  •  

Menion

solution in 1.4.3.x isn't perfect, it do not allow add waypoint during track record to track, do not export tracks as separate parts, do not navigate along track created from rte tags (gps) and more ... there is need for a lot of improvements. Main system will remain same but I need to fix all these issues ... that's all :) tomorrow
  •  

marlar

Looking very much forward to it :-)
  •  

svartbjorn

I did some initial testing of 1.4.3.3 today.
1) Please refer my previous post regarding POI alert continues to be enabled if POI is made invisible. Same issue here.
2) Guide On, Guide On reverse, Nearest point, Next point - all that works perfectly in all kind of combinaations and sequences.
3) The color transparency is not working correctly, neither on created tracks nor on recorded tracks. Even if I set transparency to 0 (glider all the way to the left), the track is highly transparent (50% or something like that). Further, if I set transparency to 100% (glider all the way to the right), the tracks becomes invisible. That is not useful. There should be a meaningful max limit.
4) Now color settings for recording tracks and for creating tracks are in two different menues ("Track recording" and "Miscellaneous" respectively). It made more sense to me when they were under the same main menu "Tracks".
5) During track recording I now get the option to save current position. This point seems to be integrated with the recorded track and the only way to see the point is to make the track visible. I didn't find a way to copy that point to a category under "Points". Is it supposed to be like this? I could of course put a new waypoint on top of that recorded point afterwards and in this way "save" it.

This is what I have so far.
  •