balloni55

If i tap on +/offline maps download in ONLINE and OFFLINE tab i get this

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

thanks @balloni! Peter is already working as it seems to be some issue on our server. Wish him nice evening :).

@gynta: ahh reversed icons ... thanks! And "blank" maps ... I'll discuss it tomorrow with Peter
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

voldapet

@balloni55
Error code:11 should be fixed. Thanks. But it seems that there is another issue when you browse store. If you go back from country details - eq. from Austria back to Europe it shows all continents not the European countries. I'll discuss it with menion
Thanks
  •  

Andrew Heard

This bug may already be fixed. I am running 3.8.2, not a later beta. I notice when I have an "out and back" track, that is the track goes in both directions in some locations (eg on same road), that the navigation mode doesn't work correctly. Here is whole track in Training Center - out & back + loop:

I used BRouter without Computing Instructions, then I converted 14 points to navigation waypoints. Only the first was ever displayed in navigation mode (maybe because the track didn't overlap yet). After moving past the first point, the purple track was shown thin in both directions, and Locus displays question mark for distance to next waypoint (note arrows in both directions below):

Once I got to the loop I cancelled the navigation, then restarted, and the remaining navigation worked OK.

Also when I was editing the track, converting points to navigation waypoints, once I got to point #682 (finish the loop, and back along same road) tapping the right button would start moving the cursor back around the loop again instead of moving towards the end, so I had no way to convert anymore points.

I've attached the TCX too.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: 0709 on May 08, 2015, 09:25:50
Locus recognises only 3 out of 16 Garmin PointTypes.
Should I therefore convert to only those 3 point types? This suggestion doesn't seem correct/ doesn't explain my experience today because I did a separate short walking test today where every 30m I had a bear/turn/sharp left|right navigation point. All icons were displayed correctly (only the straight was displayed as "generic"), and each was handled properly within the navigation system. Is it more related to the overlapping tracks than the point types?
  •  

slarti76

•  

Andrew Heard

Thanks for checking Willy. I should probably just wait until the next public release otherwise I will be confusing everyone - sorry.

If I can edit the Name tag direct from Locus then I have no need for export to Training Center & back into Locus. Bonus - TC is hopelessly slow for the 100..200km tracks that I am editing.
  •  

berkley

Having device GPS set to energy saving mode and starting track recording in Locus results in an empty track.
Would be nice to check this combination and give a warning with a button to device settings.

;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

gynta

good idea to split "data" to "tracks" and "points" for right/top bar.
but now we have an icon twice.

balloni55

popup "Restart" after e.g. "change language" or "clear temp data"
there is no option, so locus should restart without additional click.
As i remember in earlier versions locus restart automatic
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 06, 2015, 12:21:19
Screen turns on continuously when stopped at waypoint
Previously I noted in this forum that the display is automatically and continually turned [back] on in guiding mode when stopped at a waypoint. I think Menion said this would be fixed in the next release - thanks.

I can now also say that the display is also automatically and continually turned [back] on in navigation mode when stopped at a waypoint. When the waypoint is a traffic light or a POI you may be stopped indefinitely before continuing on. I suggest the display should not be continually forced back on in this mode either. This is where a Pause feature like in OsmAnd would also be very useful.
  •  

Bucky Kid

I have found another issue with guiding:
-when following the track in guiding mode, the `next waypoint` alert and haptic feedback is played only sometimes (going distant from track is not the case). I've tried to play with Notify on every trackpoint preference but seems not have impact on omissions.
Another minor issue I have observed is that preview of simple beep in next point notification makes Locus crash.
  •  

chbla

I've tested the new features yesterday for the first time during a 4h mountainbike ride.
I noticed the following when using Navigation (with a predefined track):

1. Automatic turn commands are useless in this scenario. Usually you are following a path and 90% of people are not interested in turn information, you just follow a path. This would only be relevant to rallye drivers, which I think we can exclude. What is needed are turnpoints/coursepoints at junctions - that's the only info that is relevant. If I come to a junction I need to know which way to go. So the screen should pop up at a specified distance and show me which path to take.

I've suggested a separation between turn points and junction points before, but I think Locus cannot recognize junctions (from what I've read) is this right?

One point where I could see turn points helpful is when you follow a rather unmarked path.

2. Screen-On modes with automatically generated commands drains battery. I used the default settings first, with generated commands and the screen turned on so often (and in 99% of the cases where it is not necessary because there is no other way to go) and my Nexus 5 would last maybe 2.5 hours. So I had to disable this.

I ended up oldschool, manually switching on/off the display when I was at junctions and did not know where to go - then just had a look at the track.

So right now what this means for me is: It would be best to push the TCX file support again and turns vs junctions. For future rides I will get back to creating my own coursepoints with bikeroadtoaster.
  •  

Menion

@berkley: thanks, good point. Till now, Locus was only checking an old system "network/GPS" providers that was valid till Android 4.4. Now it needs to be checked for this new "battery saving" mode. So done

@gynta: heh, thanks. For now, not a big problem.

@balloni55: I'm sure, system is still the same. There may be a cases, when some service (like track recording) is running, so you get an option to stop it manually. Also, not a big problem I think as you probably do not use this automatic restart too often

@0709, @Andrew ... hmm I'm lost in all these topics included in general discussion about new Locus version, sorry. I did a small fix in "turn screen on" feature, but nothing more.

@chbla: turnpoints at junctions is not possible directly in Locus in offline. Use some compute service like MapQuest or any other. You may also create routes with navigation waypoints directly in Locus in a combination of online services and manual modifications.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

chbla

For me it seems we don't really get anywhere with the current automatically generated instructions - partially because Locus cannot compute certain things and because it's difficult to implement.

However, therefore I do not really understand why the tickets regarding TCX are not paid more attention to. If it's not automatically possible but we already have partial functionality for the interpretation of coursepoints - isn't it natural to extend this? It would be a lot less effort implementation wise than this automatic stuff. You just extend the functionality for coursepoints by allowing additional elements such as 0709 and Ingo suggested in their tickets, eg:

http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/edit-track-creation-of-waypoints

In essence it is just a coursepoint with an arbitary name or type that can be used for whatever a users wants and is displayed at distance X before the point. That's it, no magic no nothing, I don't understand why the whole thing is complicated so much.

•