[APP] - version 3.8.x (26.04.2015)

Started by Menion, April 19, 2015, 09:33:40

jusc

@menion,
version 3.8.2.1 beta doesn't work for me. Black screen and stops.
Pro 3.8.2 works normally.
Regards J.
  •  

Andrew Heard

I have a different bug with 3.8.2 pro that I don't think anyone else has mentioned yet. In guiding mode the "next waypoint" is one ahead of what should be displayed currently making it useless. You can see below I have created a simple test track, and converted 3 points to coursepoints, and manually changed the text. I have annotated the screen capture with the navigation text - "turn left", "straight" and "stop". The "turn left" text was never displayed, the "straight" text was displayed when I was close to "turn left" but you can see that the 3rd & final point "stop" is displayed in the screen cap & I haven't even reached "straight" let alone "turn left". I first noticed this on a proper cycle trip a few days ago.

edit
I have made a simpler track with 4 navigation waypoints which I named 1 through 4 in Garmin Training Center then re-imported (the labels in the screen capture are added by hand, not in Locus).When I enable guiding the navigation text briefly displayed "2" then skipped even further ahead to "3".
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Guidance/navigation stuff: hmm, except precise reports from 0709 where I'm usually able to simulate mentioned problems, in rest of posts, it's too much images and no sample GPX files for testing ;). For me, this topic is going to be closed soon. Seems to be more and more overcomplicated and changes are causing only troubles on other places ... anyway I did some another changes, so you'll see. At least labels at top, should be better now ...

And BETA 3.8.2.2. is out, hope it will start for you now!

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

3.8.2.2 starts.
Thank you for fixing.
Regards J.
  •  

Joachim Buhl

•  

gynta

Quoteadd: added optional "offline" tab to map manager, that should in future replace personal/vector tabs
? You want to mix personal and vector map in future? I hope this is a misunderstanding on my side :)

Menion

nope, this is correct. During our user testing we discover that
1. no user know "what are vector maps"
2. when user downloaded vector map from store, no one search for them in "vector tab" (only few of them in "personal tab")
3. they both together with "personal" maps are just "offline", so why not to merge them

Tomorow we have a new testing with six users, so we will be testing if "offline" is more logical and usable for basic users. If test will be success (probably will), in next version will be only online/offline/wms tabs.

@0709: based on tommi, quite logical suggestion, screen is turned on also if you are between 0 - 5 seconds before cross and you are moving. With this, you have always screen turned on during cross. Then timeout starts, so in your case, 15 seconds after turn, screen is turned on.

I'm aware, you are hunting every possible second to turn screen on. I'm personally hunting usability before few saved watts, sorry. Field test will show, if this is really too much even for basic usage (I mean usage where you do not care too much about every second).

EDIT: oki, I've added one more compromise ... "turn screen on" happen on every notification (as was before) + once, 5 seconds before cross in case you are moving. Which should confirm, that screen will be turned on during move over cross
  •  

Joachim Buhl

Hi Menion

Good comprise.
Don't give up on navigation. It's the unique feature offered.
Fix the order of the waypoints and we are at 90%. About the other 35% you can care later  8).

Thanks

•  

Christian

The ancient bug with old and new labels of a track still exists :(
See screenshot. CAN NOT UPLOAD IMAGE: LESS MEMORY FOR THIS OPERATION and YOU CANNOT POST INTO THIS FORUM.

In addition if I tap on start or end of a track and than "edit on map - add/change WP" Locus crashes in 99%.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Colouring by elevation is perfect now, thanks nenion.

Sent from my phone by Tapatalk

•  

Menion

@Christian: ancient bu with labels? Mentioned somewhere?

Crash when editing trackpoints - you are using latest beta?

@Bucky kid: thanks! Maybe finally done? :)
  •  

Christian

Using latest release 3.8.2., not beta.
Searched for the discussion about the bug (old code code snippets) but have not find it yet. But i know we discussed it end of last year when new labels were introduced and these labels were layered above the still existing old labels temporarily. See screenshot. That happens when i tap on the end of a track.

•  

Joachim Buhl

Hello Willy

I do not understand your PDF totally.
What is the number in the column "15 seconds".
Is it meters or seconds?
The yellow area is screen on, 15sec standard on time, right?
Where are the different instructions before a turn? 200m, 30m, turn?

My experience with the origin idea of simple 15sec was:
1. I often have to switch on the display manually, because I'm not sure where to go
2. I often have to switch on the display manually direct before the turn, because the display went black
3. I often have to switch on the display manually after the turn, because I don't know if I took the right way.

Take this into account and the display on time is the same as in the last/newest version, but I have to switch on the display manually 3 times.

The funny thing is, that the idea is 2 years old.
https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/automatic_display_off_after_reaching_next_trackpoint_xm

So lets just test.

And I agree that a customizable setup (time, amount of instructions, distance of instructions) would also be fine, but not priority now in my opinion. Wrong instructions at the wrong time should be solved far before this issue here.

Thanks
  •  

Joachim Buhl

Hello Willy

Sorry, its difficult to understand what you mean.
"In idea the more logical time shifted one trigger pro instruction screen sequence."
What do you mean. If you want, you can explain it to me with PM.

"...Pse free setting to only ONE command...",
If you mean:
1. Customizable amount of instructions before turn (1, 2, 3) -> in settings
2. Customizable time/distance of instructions before turn (15,35,300sec. or only at 20m) -> in config file for geeks
3. Customizable screen off timeout Xsek plus Xsek/m after turn -> in config file for geeks

Agreed.

"Your idea...maybe +15 m after turn and NO extra + 5 seconds ! That I would have supported !", Ok for me. It doesn't matter if its 10m+5sec or only 15m. Come on. It doesn't make sense to discuss about this.

I agree in principle to have as less display on time as possible but I have to find my way.
With customization opportunity my setup for biking would be:
One instruction 20sec before turn with display on at this time (at 5m/s it would be 50m before turn), display off 15m after turn. Thats it.

Bye
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Joachim Buhl on May 05, 2015, 22:16:31
One instruction 20sec before turn with display on at this time (at 5m/s it would be 50m before turn), display off 15m after turn.
+1 with proviso if stopped at the waypoint the display is not continually forced back on like - at present the only way to turn off display is to cancel the navigation - really annoying
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •