Waypoints disappear at higher zoom levels

Started by luc, April 14, 2015, 10:55:06

luc

I have imported a kmz file created in Google Maps (attached). Some waypoints disappear when I zoom in. When I zoom in again, the remaining ones disappear as well. I have imported many kml / kmz files before but this is the first time I am experiencing such a strange behaviour. I am using the most recent version of Locus Pro (3.7.1).
  •  

gynta

There are some entries in ../Locus/config.cfg like

map_items_points_simplification_till_zoom

try to change to (eg) 5

# allow define zoom level for points simplification. So value 14 for example
# means, that simplification may occur in levels 1 - 14. (default: 10)
#  - disable simplification at all: 0
#  - till zoom value (1 - 22 'include'): X
map_items_points_simplification_till_zoom=5

luc

Thank you very much for the quick reply gynta. I tried a few values and eventually settled for 22. Now if I zoom out as much as possible, exit the app and then open it again the waypoints are there regardless of the zoom level but after my phone goes to sleep the problem reappears. Also, since I changed the value of map_items_points_simplification_till_zoom all of my icons are gone and replaced with default points (although I expected this to happen it is not ideal).
  •  

Menion

hello luc, in current google play version is one issue that may affect also what happen to you. I've just tested your file and it works correctly for me, so please wait on next GP version, just a few days remain, and then let us know...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •