Track guiding: display time to point like waypoint guiding

Started by svartbjorn, April 04, 2011, 20:46:55

svartbjorn

I discovered today a Waypoint guiding feature I was not aware of: Selecting "Guiding" in the Title field displays distance, bearing and estimated TIME to the waypoint. Track guiding doesn't display the time. Would that be possible? I imagine you have all required info and features there already, it is just a question of displayng it for Track guiding too.
  •  

Menion

it's not so simple, I removed this because what would you like to see? I expect time to end of whole track which means often recompute of whole distance. I'll find solution for this tomorrow ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

svartbjorn

The guiding line shows the distance and azimuth to the next point. So then time had to be to that same point. Anything else would be confusing in my opinion (distance to guided point while time to end of track - no, that wouldn't make sense to me). Since all three items (distance, azimuth, time) are shown together in the Title field, then they all have to refer to the same point. That is why I thought this was almost there already, but if it requires a lot of effort, put this at lowest priority.
  •  

Menion

if you think that displaying time to actual point is Ok, then this need only uncomment one line. This was already there. So ok, no problem ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

svartbjorn

How great! I am glad this was so easy for you to implement. Thank you!
  •