Main Menu

forum - helpdesk

Started by Andrew Heard, April 10, 2015, 01:19:58

Andrew Heard

It would be nice if Locus just had one "forum" instead of reading duplicate/ parallel discussions in two different "forums" -  http://help.locusmap.eu and http://forum.locusmap.eu. I know forum.locusmap.eu was first. Maybe a phase out of this somehow, with everyone having to move to help.locusmap.eu after certain date? help.locusmap.eu seems better in all functionality respects.
LM4.26.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

To be true, it is not so simple :). I generally prefer basic tasks, ideas, problems etc. on HelpDesk. While more advanced topic with more advanced users are easier here. Not just because of tapatalk, but also because of easy possibility to have loooong looong discussions. Anyway as I wrote, this forum is not mentioned on any of public Locus sites, so please take as primary web support site new HelpDesk.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

•  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

Menion

Still thinking it should be united? :)

Get rid of this forum and discuss everything on the help desk?

Is it doable? Hmmm ...  ???
  •  

michaelbechtold

I think there is a good reason to have both. Help desk typically is for the official app users, while the forum folks walk on the bleeding edge. Different audience, different topics.
And if the forum virtual team (incl. Menion and team of course) do well, the official app will not be bleeding re. the topics already ironed out in betas or re. specific use cases.
Just my 2c.
Cheers
Michael

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on September 26, 2024, 12:30:47Still thinking it should be united? :)

Get rid of this forum and discuss everything on the help desk?

Is it doable? Hmmm ...  ???
@menion - the post before mine was clearly spam, with all the unrelated links, I was only commenting to delete the post; - sorry for any confusion; I see it's been deleted now; I'm happy with the status quo (forum & help desk).
  •  

Tapio

LOL, unintended thread necro. You probably should have used "Report to moderator".
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Andrew Heard

I'd never noticed that menu option before - thanks.
  •  

Menion

Hehe nice confusion  :D

Oki, so let's keep this forum for a while  ;)