video in reimported kmz

Started by balloni55, April 10, 2015, 09:45:49

balloni55

Hello menion
i create a POI with attachement photo and video, export it as gpx and as kmz and reimport both to locus, only the reimported gpx work well.
If i click the link in reimported kmz movieplayer starts and message "can´t play this video" appeares :-[

Locus Map 4.23.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hello balloni,

I think that problem will be really similar to this one: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/importing-an-exported-poi-with-attached-photos-creates-unusable-attachment

funny thing .. Locus is not able to re-import exported GPX/KML file to same state as was before export ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

for me the reimported gpx of POI orTrack with attached photos and videos work. ;D
Only the video inside reimported kmz didn´t play :-[

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

QuoteLocus is not able to re-import exported GPX/KML file to same state as was before export ...
Hello menion,
are you working on a solution ?

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi,

nope ...

EDIT: so I'm checking where is a problem and found it. URL to video file in exported KMZ is part of HTML description of point and point to local folder within KMZ file. In GPX file, link to file is separate variable that may be again modified after import to Locus to usable correct value.

So till I find some alternative solution, re-import! of KMZ files with attachments won't work, sorry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •