Author Topic: Navigation Generator  (Read 21943 times)

Offline balloni55

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung XCover 4s Android 9
Re: Navigation Generator
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2015, 13:56:12 »
few questions/remarks after fieldtest "Guidiance"

1. with V3.8.2 command built for this hair needle curve is "U-TURN" with Beta and V 3.8.0 it was built "sharp right"
2. if i change icon to sharp right label is furthermore "U-TURN" :-[
3. if i convert a point to Navipoint and set icon, label keeps allways "Point.."
4. although in my setting "set next Trackpoint" is 50 meter, sometimes announcement is 200 meter in advance, mostly on final point and self created navpoints.
Locus PRO 3.44.3

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2015, 15:54:37 »
Hello balloni:
1. it looks you do not use same "amount of generated commands"
2. correct, once generated name has to be changed manually
3. hmm, hard to say if this is an issue. What if you change name before you change icon?
4. 50 metres says, how close to points you needs to get, till Locus switch to another trackpoint. And Locus should really notify only in cases, it switch to another trackpoint, weird. Any track where I may simulate it? Thanks
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline balloni55

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2015, 19:55:58 »
Hi menion
1. it looks you do not use same "amount of generated commands"
which setting?
my settings/Guidance/Tracks, Advanced settings Number of alerts are always "medium" in my settings
do you mean this?

number 2+3, my idea/whish: if i change or add a icon, belonging label text is automatical set by locus ;)

my answer to 4 later after additional tests
Locus PRO 3.44.3

Offline balloni55

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2015, 21:41:38 »
example to number 4
i use track without navipoints, start guidance.
In hair needle curve i schould "turn arround" and 200 meter announcement for "you reach destination"
see screencast with voice announcement and attached gpx
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pxzwob9rb0rjso/Guidancetest.mp4?dl=0
Locus PRO 3.44.3

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 Oreo/8, Lenovo Note 4 Nougat/7.1
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2015, 00:14:19 »
I agree totally with Willy. This screen on/off timing rules are getting very confusing. I want the ON time to be short to save on phone battery. On a bicycle ride a few days ago with V3.8.2, even with the minimum setting "Screen off if idle" = 15s, I find the display is on too long. Every time I manually turn the screen off Locus overrides my action and turns it back on again - really annoying. I also find the screen is turned on twice before each navi waypoint even with "Notify also second comment" = unticked, and "Number of commands" = Low. Can Locus turn the screen on just once per point instead of continually forcing the screen back on? If I pause at a navi point this is a real issue for me. My only solution was to cancel navigation because the display would never go off. But cancelling navigation also hides the track so then to "unpause" I have to go through whole process of starting again. I do really like the screen auto on feature but it is difficult to satisfy so many competing user requirements.

Just one other observation (and sad experience) - if using BRouter for track calculation, and Auto-recalculation = on, if I "miss the track" or in my case take an alternative, BRouter adds so many new navi points that the display is on most of the time. In this scenario a way to pause the navigation/ guiding rather than having to cancel would be handy. Then when "back on track" the navigation/ guiding can be resumed/ unpaused.

Offline Joachim Buhl

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2015, 07:35:06 »
Hello Guys

In principle I also agree with you. The display on time should be as short as possible, especially for biking.
But:
I did a testdrive with my car in car navigation mode a few month ago for which Locus should also be (depending on strategy of Locus). It was extremly annoying, that sometimes between the first instruction an the next one the display gets of and than you have to stop at the traffic light and it switches of, despite you did not perform the turn. No other navigation app does that, because it makes no sense.
So in my opinion the more complex algorithm makes sense..
But:
For Biking we need another handling of the instruction timing.
For car 200m, 30m and short before makes sense but the display on time is long.
For Bike we need one e.g. 30m before and thats it. So the display on time would be much shorter again.

I use Locus bike navigation also for day mountainbike tours. 9 to 18 a clock for example. Normally on lunch brake I have time to recharge the smartphone with extra battery.
Right now we have to choose between optimized battery usage and having a black screen when I need it on.
Until we have the optimized instructions for biking I do not want black screen when I need the screen on.

Bye

PS.: At the moment its all a luxury problem. As long as we cannot navigate with added instructions right, we do not have to talk about 30sek of more screen on.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:37:12 by Joachim Buhl »

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2015, 08:12:23 »
even the cheapest commercial gps outperforms Locus

really?  :'( ... few thousands km with Locus as main navi in car, and I'm still alive  ;)
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline KaHeMu

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
    • Kurs 335 Grad
  • Device: Samsung Tab 10.1, Huawei Y625
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2015, 17:45:37 »
Offline navigation ? Europe wide ?  Datatraffic ?  Roaming ?
Locus = in the first place hikers, bikers, cachers, support these. Forget cars, keep those monsters out of our woods.

+1
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)