Author Topic: Navigation Generator  (Read 21975 times)

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
Re: Navigation Generator
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 12:37:20 »
:) have no idea what you are talking about, sorry. Give me some tcx/gpx file, give me step by step what you setup and what you did, so I may simulate and check/fix any problems.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline Joachim Buhl

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 15:50:02 »
Hello Menion

Attached file.
Edit on Map.
Jump from point to point with arrows.
You will see that Locus will not follow the track according the order of the points.
The same happens if you drive it in real-time. Locus gets confused if a part of a track is overlapping twice.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 15:56:59 by Joachim Buhl »

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 16:23:37 »
hmm ... "confused". Isn't point get from start to finish? :)

Anyway, try to:
- settings > guidance > set next point - set here 100 metres or less. In this case rather 50
- settings > guidance > advanced settings > UNCHECK intelligent guidance

and give Locus second try ...
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline Joachim Buhl

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 16:37:45 »
Hi

I set it to 50m.
Doesn't work. It chooses wrong points as next. Not according the order.
And no. It's not about the finish, it's about the way.

Bye

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 16:40:32 »
did you UNCHECK intelligence guidance? It's what do this "autoselection" of trackpoints
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 18:04:38 »
and same question as to Joachim, do you have shorted "set next point" distance and mainly UNCHECKED "Intelligence guidance"? Because this "intelligence guidance" do what happen to you ... Locus switch to nearest points and do not follow exactly defined route. if this feature is disabled, Locus do not! switch to next trackpoint till you are closed then defined distance.
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 20:27:58 »
Thanks for tests, then it works exactly as it should!

"Intelligence guidance" - just renamed "Auto-selected best point", no other change in this feature.

"Navigation" is not affected by this settings. Navigation use own system which is based on nearest points and also on direction (to prevent auto selecting of points for example on highway when you have track in both directions). In this case, in then middle of "8" track, two tracks lay one on another and both has same direction, so Locus choose the second track which is closer to finish.
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 21:13:40 »
100% strict trackpoint to trackpoint navigation is not possible, correct!

Main purpose of Locus "Navigation" is to get from start to finish, that is all. And if there is any complicated situation like in "8" track, then Locus choose shorter path.

Issue on your video is different. Problem on a video should be anyway solved since today morning :), so you will see in next version.
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline Christian

• Premium
  • Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 23:12:27 »
"Intelligence guidance" - just renamed "Auto-selected best point", no other change in this feature.
LOL
hope there are intelligent users. Not like me.
;)

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 23:21:45 »
You know, we have now in team expert on English (Michal) and he fix some of my typos, grammatical issues and also not-so-logical namings. I have also sometimes problems to remember after all these years, how is old good feature named ... like this :).
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2015, 15:51:41 »
hehe nice :).

Hmm .. Navigation in Locus works in this way for let's say three years. And because of complains, I think it's working as expected ;). At least I personally found this very useful and can't remember situation when this caused any troubles to me.

Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline Joachim Buhl

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 18:58:22 »
Hello Guys

I recognized this problem two years ago. But I did not follow this issue because on our tour I remembered where to go to, so Locus first picks the wrong way but after insisting on another direction, Locus follows.
But I think this is a strategy decision for Locus.
Do you want to be the 1456th routing tool for navigation from A to B or do you want to put a little more affort in offroad navigation for hikers, bikers and so on. With all the maps and all the other features you are unique.
Is it possible to differentiate the behavior depending on routing mode (bike, car, pedestrian)?
Or could we get an option for "round courses"?
Is it a big problem to follow a route point by point?

Thanks

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 21:00:47 »
Hmm 1456th tool for navigation sounds good for me for now.

What I wanted and expected is to be in top ten for guidance, so for what I expect from hike/bike navigation.

So my question is, whether you really wants to use on your bike "navigation" (with big blue arrow in top left corner, TomTom voices, some automatic recompute etc.) or guidance optimized for cycle trips with ability to disable some artificial intelligence etc.? Till now, I though, that what you all want is this guidance system and now we talk about old good Locus navigation ... I'm little bit confused to be true.
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline Joachim Buhl

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 22:26:52 »
Hello Menion

Maybe one problem in communication is the language barrier. We are not native speakers and I think english is a little bit unprecise sometimes.
And to be honest, I never understood the guidance-navigation difference.
In the end its very easy:
See attached file. Typical for a mountainbike tour with a lot of trails.

We want to plan a route on the small brown/green paths (Openandromaps/MTB Theme) and just getting direction orders when we have to change the path and not when we drive switch backs.
Than we want to be guided along the track, in the planned order. Before the crossings we need beeps or voice and the display switches on. On crossings we need orientation with moving map according compass to find the right way.
And the display should be on for 15sec after the crossing to see if we are right and switches off afterwards.
Thats it.

Thanks

PS.: For some more details do not hesitate to ask ;-)

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2015, 08:25:46 »
Agree that language may be a problem sometimes, fortunately not so bad :).

Anyway, perfectly understand, thanks.

What I can imagine is making bigger difference between navigation and guidance. Before Locus was able to generate some pseudo-waypoints along track with instructions, navigation was focused only on a voice TomTom like navigation and guidance only for very simple notifications along track. So first usable mainly for car, second for bike/hike. And this is what I would like to have again here.

So can imagine, that navigation will be really focused on online/offline compute of navigation track between start and target, optimized for common car-like navigation. So I think same as works now.

We can focus on guidance, which I can imagine we tune to best hike/bike guidance possible, but still leaving Navigation as is. You personally wrote, you never understood difference. Another point that say to me, that we may leave navigation as is and focus really only on a guidance. What you guys think?
Ideas, wishes, problems