[APP] - version 3.7.x (16. 3. 2015)

Started by Menion, March 09, 2015, 18:00:42

gynta

Quote from: balloni55 on April 05, 2015, 19:26:09
in TTS settings "the test ...
@Menion
Suggestion.
Don't save this phrase on exit. Doesn't matter. You always can use the default string from crowdin.
Just an idea...

michaelbechtold

Quote from: menion on April 05, 2015, 07:36:03
@michaelbechtold: similar as with points, I'm not convinced about need of "edit" button for tracks, and it's even worst with "Navigate from", sorry

Well, 1000s of users have more use cases than a single person can imagine. And only very few participate in discussions and forums - mostly the same crowd since years; I am using and following Locus closely since years ...

The ability to configure context menues was a great move - and it turns "need" discussions into a religious exercise. Let the users - ANY user, outspoken, vocal or not - decide for themselves.
  •  

Menion

@balloni: reverse guidance fixed

@balloni55, @gynta: thanks agree, I won't store changed text so there will be always text from Crowdin

@michaelbechtold: yes, very low of them is really active. Which is OK to be true, cannot imagine twice more amount of topic. Anyway what I miss are votes on help desk. Can image that topic may have more then 1000 votes ... but for now, just in dreams ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quoteaction > screen on and TTS info allways 90 m in front of wpt :), eg "turn left"
but while hiking (1,5m/sec) after 45 meter, and while jogging (2,5m/sec) after 75 meter the screen turn off :P
so if i reach the wpt screen is off  :o and i didn´t recognize which way "left" i should take, sometimes 2 or 3 ways are possible.
So my idea, start count down for screen off if wpt is reached, so screen is allways on in area of wpt
in new version the distance for announcement is set to 100 meter, for biking this distance is ok, but for jogging and hiking announcement  is too early.
A option (checkbox) "distance of announcement 50 m" while selecting guidance would be helpfull ;)

Furthermore it would be a benefit that next announcement appeares earliest if last navigation wpt is passed.
e.g.
on A1 i get announcement  for navigation wpt N1 "stay right, on A2 i get announcement  for navigation wpt N2 "stay left" although i havend passed  N1

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

100 m is defined by settings "Set next point" in guidance settings. If you want notification in a way you write, I think we can "Guidance" remove from Locus completely and keep only existing "Navigation" :).
  •  

balloni55

Quote100 m is defined by settings "Set next point" in guidance settings
thanks for pointing me on this :) so it works fine for me 8)
QuoteI think we can "Guidance" remove from Locus completely
No, please not, Guidance is my favorit !
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@balloni55: there is now a smaller difference between guidance and navigation. I'll have to create some, long time requested, "simple notification about left/right", which should improve guidance (to be more "different").
  •  

Bucky Kid

@menion - tracks colouring by distance delta is not much helpful. A mostly hilly track with total 800m uphill elevation is shaded in this coulouring mode mostly in green to blue colours -> confusing because even slightly ascending parts are drawn in green or even blue shade. I suggest to always bind precise green to 0m elevation, so that ascening segments will always draw in scale green -> red and descending segments will always draw in scale green -> blue (user can clearly distinguish segments descent/ascent). Best if the colour tone power should be derived from segment slope (°) and not absolute elevation delta?

•  

Menion

•  

Bucky Kid

Ah I had same idea ;)
thanks for changing it
  •  

balloni55

with "edditing on map" i want to delete a navigation point from track.
When i move with arrow button to this "navigation track point" the navigation icon appeares on 2 trackpoints so it´s not always clear which i have to delete :-[
in my example it is the first in driving direction ;)
on vertical tracklines it´s more difficult to see the trackpoint because label couvers trackpoints
see video
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

balloni55

Quote from: gynta on April 10, 2015, 15:24:38
zoom in.
::)
of course, if i zoom in up to 400% ::)
but if i want to "clean" the track from unneeded navigation points, i want to do that with an overview over track section to recognize which points are unneeded, jump to this point and delete it. Not allways zoom in and zoom out.
It is allways one trackpoint which consist the navigation info and this point i want to hit in first attempt ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Christian

Second test of the new guidance feature  ;D
I like it.

Edit is woundering about the "centering the map-button" wich is sometimes deactivated automatically in this Beta. Why?
  •  

Menion

@balloni55: and isn't faster to just tap on a trackpoint you wants to delete?

@christian: if you wants to have centering enabled permanently, check if you have enabled settings > map - control > hold map center (or long click on centering button directly on a map)
  •