[APP] - version 3.7.x (16. 3. 2015)

Started by Menion, March 09, 2015, 18:00:42

balloni55

QuoteI sometimes forget to define correct validity date to Beta version, sorry
not a problem for me, only for your information,
but it works furthermore as PRO, i found no limitation, so e.g. GC features, weather or map overlay work.
not that you lose a lot of money ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

hmm money ... , if believe it won't be too bad. Better satisfied testers then few sold paid versions ;).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

@0709: I'm sorry, but I'm almost always little bit confused from your posts. They usually contains really a lot of information and I feel quite lost ... "what to do with it". 

Firstly, please continue in some related topic, for example this one http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4178.0 or http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4383.0 . Write me simple basic tasks or questions to discuss. If topics are long or confusing for me, I usually leave them, because there is a lot more work to do, then thinking what You or anyone other wanted to say. Thanks for understanding

EDIT: thanks for updates. A lot better for me now!

So
post #62: may you share with me a simple track with navigation waypoints in TCX file? Because it should work. Visual signs ... hmm will be harder, thanks.
post #67:
1. too many waypoints. I read some request about reducing amount of generated waypoints, but where? :).
2. some "tuning possibility" - not sure, how many people may find this useful for now ...

•  

ta-ka

Quote from: menion on March 30, 2015, 11:22:56your guidance takes voices from crowdin? Hmm this should happen only when there is any issue with TTS file. Have to check your ja.tts if it works - EDIT: hmm seems to work correctly. Are you sure that tts file is not used?
The issue happens in English voice. So it will happen in all languages. I confirmed once again using dummy en.tts which contains a test word "TTS" everywhere in the file. Please have a look at and listen to a video.
Results are:
- The Voice of "Next waypoint" notification doesn't come from en.tss because Locus doesn't say "TTS" at all.
- The Voice of "Out of track" notification comes from en.tss. You'll hear a lot of "TTS, TTS, TTS...".
- The label texts at waypoints come from en.tts. You'll see "TTS" at the beginning of the labels except "DEST".
- Locus says "make a U turn" just before the destination. Firstly this is simply strange because it's on the straight road. Secondary it indicates that the words come from crowdin text.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9emy0bswan9vs4o/20150330_guidance_tts.mp4?dl=0

QuoteSorting of icons - isn't more logical to have them sorted by name, then "random"? - http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/sort-icon-lists-for-waypoints
Thanks for answer, I didn't notice there was a request with 4 votes.All right, I should accept.  :)

QuoteI'll release new beta during a week.
Thanks.  :D
  •  

balloni55

My first experiences with "training manager" and following settings on my jogging round
Thank you for a good step forward in development ;)

Time interval is set 0:30, so i expected all 30 seconds i get info, but the interval after start is 0:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30 and so on
Perhaps setting means all 30 seconds after full minute?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Christian

Trainingsmanager is only available in Beta within testing time?
  •  

gynta

yes and no - it works in test after end of test period
settings - trackrec - training manager

Christian

training manager. .. nice step ahead! And urgently needed.
I miss requests on help desk :(
Intervals works as expected (Balloni - is there a Frosch in your installation? )
Variables are great !

Where to put feature requests for next stage?
: training manager as program module independent from trac rec
: features for i.e. interval training (two time values to set = 60s work + 30s interval / break),
: repeat modus (x times or endless),
: count down
: stop watch like dashboard
: option to trigger training manager by track rec
: Audio signals as beep or from tts.
: a.s.o.

"training manager desc" in track rec settings is missing (I know that you know ;) )

Great stuff!
  •  

Menion

@ta-ka: hmm thanks, very helpful. I found an older code from times, when TTS file wasn't so useful as now. I've improved whole system and now it should work as expected.

4 votes in case of such simple task, was enough for me. I had no idea, that there may be anyone who was aware of sorting in old system. Is it a bigger usability problem or you may live with it? :)

@0709: you are editing your posts right before my nose :).

Anyway I took recorded track, then started navigation (which in case of recorded track, generated navigation waypoints thanks to nav generator). After that I over navigation menu displayed track and exported it to TCX file.

Re-import: issue with inability to delete waypoints NOT confirmed. For the first time I saw same issue, but after second try, no matter what I do, I'm unable to simulate it, damn. Anyway start guidance/navigation never generates new navigation waypoints - edit: ah, issue on my side found and fixed, thanks! In case, track already contains any, navigation generator is never used (*will be never used since next beta version).

@balloni55: heh, Locus had problems with times where was '0 seconds' :). Fixed, thanks.

@christian: did you saw first "most popular" idea? : http://help.locusmap.eu/topics/idea/status/all/category/all/sort/popular/page/1 :).

Btw. read my last post please: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/training_manager_add_on#comment-15318
  •  

Christian

I stopped reading this thread one year ago because I'm not really interested in HRM (I'm heartless ;)  )
So I miss your comment also :(
Using help desk with smartphone is a mess. That's why I try to avoid it :(

Not sure if its clever to keep a light version of training manager.  Guess there are a lot of bikers / runners would like to use it....
But better to have a light version running properly than nothing.
Thanks for implementing.

•  

Menion

you are welcome. I'm aware of many possible scenarios of usage ... as usually :). But I really think that some more advanced features form Endomondo, Runtastic and other similar apps, do not belongs to Locus. Notification on some values over certain period is from my point of view, ideal feature useful by almost all people, no matter if they wants to train on marathon or not.
  •  

Menion

ah got it, thanks.

Here is a small problem. Delete and edit of points is generally not possible in Locus for temporary tracks! So track generated by "navigation generator" is in this case temporary (not stored in database). If you export this track and re-import into database (not directly on a map), points should be editable.

Question is, make it sense to allow edit and delete waypoints at track for tracks, that will be lost when you close Locus?
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: menion on March 30, 2015, 23:38:32
@ta-ka: hmm thanks, very helpful. I found an older code from times, when TTS file wasn't so useful as now. I've improved whole system and now it should work as expected.
Good :)
Quote4 votes in case of such simple task, was enough for me. I had no idea, that there may be anyone who was aware of sorting in old system. Is it a bigger usability problem or you may live with it? :)
I can live with that. Don't worry.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on March 30, 2015, 11:22:56
@ta-ka: ...forget to define correct validity date to Beta version, sorry. I'll release new beta during a week.
please allow to use the rec widget also in next beta test version for testing new autostart functions - defined in profiles.

Menion

in case of widget, it is not so simple, sorry.
  •