Train/Metro station icon

Started by Kona, February 07, 2015, 17:28:28

gynta

thread moved to "Themes - Vector maps"

morkal

On the right of the screenshot you can find railway station Called Brixton as well in this case.

As subway systems mainly are underground in city centres, outskirts stations usually are overground being part of the same system. From my point of view if using Locus Theme we can see underground lines which show us subway system. Then stations shall be as much visible as possible in my opinion. It might be nice if we would differentiated Subway stations from Railway stations, specially in huge urban areas such London where using the same ticket on both systems is possible.
  •  

john_percy

There are two issues involved:
1. Map data: Most of the subway stations in London are just mapped as railway stations. In the data subway stations are a subset of railway stations. I started tagging London subway stations in the Openmap data, and got somewhere in the B's (Brixton has been done). There are some complications where the same station serves both subway and standard lines.
2. Mapping: The data must be processed to distinguish between railway stations which are not su8bway stations, and those which are. Some themes do this.
Another idea that has been suggested is to map subway station entrances.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •