Locus Store

Started by jusc, March 06, 2015, 16:43:34

lor74cas

Hello,
there are other aspects of the store that need to be improved in my opinion:
today I tried to plan a track with the app but the route excluded the passage on a bridge which has now been reopened, this with LoRouter Offline.
I switched to LoRouter online and the bridge was transitable.
So I went to the store, I only updated the navigation data and now Lorouter Offline also finds the bridge open.
The problem is that there is no notification from locus if the altitude or navigation data is updated, the notification only appears when the map is updated.
The download speed in 4G is really slow despite the little data needed, therefore notification is required, so as to avoid having to do this when perhaps you are in a hurry.
I then wonder if it is possible to divide the map files into tiles, in order to update only those that have been really modified, at least for the LocusMaps. This way your servers would be less busy, as would our smartphones.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Hi,
split of LoMaps into some kind of tiles and far from doable, sorry. Anyway routing data are completely independent on the LoMaps. They are in the Locus Store currently under LoMaps as it was the easiest solution. But once you have downloaded any, the best is to use automatic updates and track them separately over settings > Navigation > LoRouter offline > settings button. Here you may set how often will be data updated. 4 days guarantee really small updates (only differences) so it is recommended option.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Menion on November 26, 2021, 14:42:23
Hi,
split of LoMaps into some kind of tiles and far from doable, sorry. Anyway routing data are completely independent on the LoMaps. They are in the Locus Store currently under LoMaps as it was the easiest solution. But once you have downloaded any, the best is to use automatic updates and track them separately over settings > Navigation > LoRouter offline > settings button. Here you may set how often will be data updated. 4 days guarantee really small updates (only differences) so it is recommended option.
Thank you

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: lor74cas on November 20, 2021, 10:11:51
Hello,
today I tried to plan a track with the app but the route excluded the passage on a bridge which has now been reopened, this with LoRouter Offline.
@lor74cas could you have used manual/ direct routing for the section over the bridge?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Andrew Heard on November 26, 2021, 22:35:02
Quote from: lor74cas on November 20, 2021, 10:11:51
Hello,
@lor74cas could you have used manual/ direct routing for the section over the bridge?
Sure I can use it, but I know it was open because I personally updated the info on OSM, for this reason I tested the routing on the bridge

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •