Main Menu

OSM-FR

Started by Chon, February 16, 2015, 12:35:20

Chon

Hello,

1st post so many thanks for this great app ! ;)

If it's possible, i would like to add an OSM based map : OSM-FR which is a little more detailed than the standard mapnik for France. HERE a link to see what it looks like and HERE a GitHub link i've found about it if it is needed.
I'm total newbie and i don't know how to proceed. Maybe add an .XML file in the custom folder but what code writing in it ?? Maybe something more simple ? I'm swimming in deep water !! ???

Someone to help me ?

Many, many thanks ! :)
  •  

Menion

Hello Chon,

there are two options

1. add map directly to application - for this I need a confirmation from our map expert Peter (currently on a vacation) and also from map provider. Then I should add map to next Locus release.

2. add map over XML file. This is anyway advanced method and if you don't mind, lets wait a week till Peter returns and I'll then write you more.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Quote from: menion on February 16, 2015, 12:53:12

2. add map over XML file.

If you don´t want to wait a week, add the attached two files to your Locus/mapsOnline/custom directory.
(To see/download the attached files you have to login into the forum)
Don´t forget to restart Locus afterwards.

@menion,
I also prefer your idea to place the map into Locus app directly.  I can wait a week :D
Regards J.
  •  

Chon

Wahoo !

Thanks for those very quick replies and solutions ! ;)

@Menion : Your 1st solution is obviously THE solution and it would be really nice to have permission.
When you say that if possible, you should add map to next Locus release, you mean that it could be add in the app itself or in providers.xml by Tweak ?

@Jusc : Waiting for THE solution, i will try yours because i'm impatient. :P
The .PNG file must be paste in the custom/ folder or in the custom/icons/ folder ?

Many thanks again !
  •  

Menion

Map Tweak is unofficial tool done by one of Locus users. Team behind Locus has nothing to with it.

So if I say "add to Locus", I mean directly to list of maps or probably in this case, to Locus Store as another online map source.
  •  

jusc

no,  place both files in  Locus/mapsOnline/custom.
You can use every "fitting" *.png if it´s name is like the map you want to display.
Regards J.
  •  

Chon

Ok !

Works fine ! Many thanks ! ;)

@Jusc : For my Knowledge, where did you find the informations you wrote in the .XML file ?
  •  

jusc

With Firefox Add-On Http-Fox and taking an example of existing xml file.
Regards J.
  •  

Chon

•  

Menion

•  

Chon

Yes Menion, i had seen this page but without the good informations to "fill the blanks" it couldn't work. ;)
  •  

voldapet

Quote from: Chon on February 16, 2015, 12:35:20
If it's possible, i would like to add an OSM based map : OSM-FR which is a little more detailed than the standard mapnik for France.
@Chon
In first step (to add map into Locus Map) I'd like to know the difference between standard mapnik. Is the OSM-FR map really so important? I only want to avoid the situation to have the same maps in Locus app.
Thanks
Petr
  •  

Chon

Hello,

The OSM-FR is not "really so important", as you can see on my link, it is just a little bit more detailed with some more POIs for France (maybe for other countries either but i don't know).
An other important thing for me, the OSM-FR can be downloaded for an offline use wheras OSM Standard Mapnik can't.
  •  

voldapet

OK I see:) I'll try to contact administrators if there any important requirements for adding these maps into Locus
  •  

Chon

February 23, 2015, 14:12:40
Great !
Hope that OSM-FR administrators will go in our way...

edit

Hello,
any news from OSM-FR ?
  •