[APP] - version 3.6.x (7. 2. 2015)

Started by Menion, January 30, 2015, 15:55:05

balloni55

Hello menion,
have you  changed/improved "automatic backup" in last testversion? There was no info in changelog.
I haven´t got any autobackup since end of december althought it was set, and now it work  :)
only the time doesn´t fit

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@balloni, @Michal, @JoxM: hard to say what is best solution. I agree with Peter who always say that people do not read texts. So hint is not a solution by me for this simple feature. So I see only two options here:

1. remove small white popup when you tap on a map and leave only bottom "pick center" button as was in previous versions
2. rename label "Select" to something like balloni wrote "Click to choose" or similar

I personally cannot say what is better and I know precisely how everything on this screen works :).

@0709: unfortunately this is not possible. "Home" button is probably only button (maybe also "Power"), where as a developer I have absolutely no control over it. So even "Screen lock" cannot lock usage of "Home" button, sorry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Michal

Alright... actually how many people expressed their confusion with this solution  except Balloni? Maybe be there are  hundreds of angry complaints and then I was wrong but I can't see any. Those who welcome this option will not write anything and most surely even don't have a clue about this forum.
PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •  

Menion

Quote from: JoxM on February 24, 2015, 22:11:52
Hi again,
Don't know if somebody asked this already (didn't find it).
I have a problem with the function "choose from map" (german "Von der Karte wählen".
When I open a geocache and want to create a new waypoint and choose the above function to choose the coordinates from an other point, the coordinates doesn't change to the ones of the chosen point. They stay on the center cross.

;)
  •  

JoxM

Sorry for my late response.
As I don't use the english version I'm not able to follow the whole discussion. Think I have to change the language
  •  

JoxM

So again.
While geocaching and walking a multicache I come to a stage without given coordinates. So I add a point to locus on the map.
Afterwards I want to add this point as a waypoint in the listing of the cache.
So I create a new waypoint and want to pick the point which I created from the map while it is not centered. And then the coordinates in this new waypoints are the one from the center and not the ones from tge created point. In the past this worked. I'm sure, because I used it very often. Hope it's clearer now...

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

@JoxM: thanks, we understand where you see a problem, but we have no clear idea how to solve it. Current, you should tap on white popup "Select" and not on button at bottom :).

@0709: which button you talk about? These that are in settings for for example "Notify when GPS fix lost" etc?
  •  

Michal

@menion, @JoxM etc.: what about this - there would be still two ways how to select a point on the map: 1) by tapping the mapscreen on the spot where I want the point (a label with some later editable point name pops up), 2) by the mapscreen center. Both ways would be confirmed by the hookbutton. Huh?
PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •  

JoxM

Give it a try :)

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

@0709: thanks for screenshots. On first screenshot of your device Tab4 7" - it has to be an issue in Android. There are completely missing big black/blue dots on end of switcheds. Also second screen is little bit weird. Old Locus version on Ace2? Because on all devices it should look really same as on screen 3 - TabPro 10". Hmm ... hard to say what to do with first device. Is it same on all screens? Also directly in Android settings, are there used same switches?

@Michal, @JoxM, @balloni: I have to say, that in this case, I'm still not sure, which solution is best, so I'll try to give chance to simple rename of "Popup label" and we will see. Thanks for your opinions!
  •  

Menion

New BETA 3.6.2.3
Two things to test
1. new system for definition of content of top/right panel. Maybe something is slower, maybe little bit confused for you because you used few years old system. But try to use it a while
2. mainly for gynta, finally - http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/edit-trackpoint-insert-new-points-in-a-row . Try to start "Edit location" in bottom menu and you will see. It is not exactly what you wanted, but it is something "between". Not sure if will be clear how to use it.

@0709: cannot agree on 100% that old system was better visible. You have to consider also screen of device. Old UI on your new device will be also less visible because all items/buttons will be smaller. Anyway on your last device is visible how it should look like on all devices, no matter if you have 4.X or 5.X. What you see on first device is an issue and I have absolutely no idea how to fix it, because as a dev, I have no direct influence on how these buttons look like (except color).

I'm still wayting on a new version of one essential Google library that take care about this stuff. There is more issues, so please wait together with me and believe that this problem will be fixed. Thanks for understanding.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on March 03, 2015, 08:20:02
New BETA 3.6.2.3
2. mainly for gynta, finally - http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/edit-trackpoint-insert-new-points-in-a-row . Try to start "Edit location" in bottom menu and you will see. It is not exactly what you wanted, but it is something "between". Not sure if will be clear how to use it.
Well, not only for Gynta ;)
Question: While you're at this, is there a chance you could also include deleting a section from within a track (http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/cut_tracks)? I think it's a very related feature and it would be odd if you could add a bunch of trackpoints in the same step, but not delete a bunch at once.
  •  

Menion

Yes, I'm aware of this and I was already thinking about it. But, I just not yet know, how to simply implement it, because I still miss a mouse with two buttons :). There is missing a too to manually by finger select an area, which should be little bit problematic .. hmm, I'll think about it more
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on March 03, 2015, 08:20:02
New BETA 3.6.2.3

Uff - not enough time to translate - sorry
Quote...Two things to test...
We will do...  ;)

slarti76

Quote from: menion on March 03, 2015, 10:06:44
Yes, I'm aware of this and I was already thinking about it. But, I just not yet know, how to simply implement it, because I still miss a mouse with two buttons :). There is missing a too to manually by finger select an area, which should be little bit problematic .. hmm, I'll think about it more
Yes, sometimes a mouse is just best...
What about the following:

• Select point
  • Choose "Edit on map"
  • Tools menu: "Remove from here"
  • Select last point of the part that should be removed
  • Now the same screen appears as when you're removing all points before/after, user has chance to accept or cancel
That sounds rather straightforward to me, but of course you're the develope ;)
  •