[APP] - version 3.6.x (7. 2. 2015)

Started by Menion, January 30, 2015, 15:55:05

Mare e monti

•  

gynta

tommi

Quote from: tommi on February 06, 2015, 14:40:08
Quote from: gynta on February 05, 2015, 23:04:50
Quote from: tommi on February 05, 2015, 17:50:04...but Locus uses its internal one.
Hi Tommi
attach your file please
System language is german?
Locus setting tts german works?
Locus tts works in german but it uses the internal de.tts not my personal one. In my Locus folder the file is of course named de.tts

Quote from: menion on February 06, 2015, 14:29:59
hmm there were no change. Also suggest to check content of your modified file by any validator, like this: http://jsonlint.com/ , I'm sure there will be some small problem inside, because JSON format is really sensitive on any incorrect dots, commas etc.
Result: Valid JSON

I checked again with jsonlint.com and it told me that the file is wrong as also found out by stebu. Sorry, I used the wrong file for the test :-(.
Thanks to Menion, gynta, stebu.

But what I would Locus like to do is present an error message instead of silently ignoring the error and doing something else (loading the default file).
An error message like "Syntax of Locus/data/tts/de.tts is wrong, remove file for using Locus' default. Check file content with e.g. www.jsonlint.com" would be sufficient.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: 0709 on February 09, 2015, 13:23:59
Tommi, is it ok for now ? I did a short test with the corrected de.tts file, but no succes.
I confirm that my compacted  en.tts and nl.tts on the kitkat tablet are both fine and ok.
Yes, it is but I didn't update the uploaded file. Thanks for your support
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion
if i mark a word with longclick and click next the 3-dot button topright, i get this dark nearly unreadable window.
The same behavior is in "FieldNotes" here about i spoke with ormoru.
With other addons e.g. sms or mail i get a white background with black font

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

balloni and others, excuse my last few days, we had some family troubles and since tomorrow to saturday I'm on small winter vacation. I'll try answer and fix all issue once a return back.

btw. issue with context menu is already somewhere on help desk. Unfortunately I still cannot find any working solution. Seems to me like a bug in new Android library I use in Locus so I hope next version (of this Google library) fix it
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

no hurry
Quoteand since tomorrow to saturday I'm on small winter vacation
have fun  and good wishes "break a leg" ;)

Question for next week:
depending on following threats i found no solution how to log out from GS with Locus free :o
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4400.0
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/erroe-code2-messagenot-authorized
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

I have a while so ... currently, when you try for example download a PQ and you get an error, in top bar, you should still see a line with small "Doors" buttons. This clear your stored profile in Locus so this is a "logout" button which you wants.
  •  

balloni55

There i get only a window canel or buy???
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Quote from: balloni55 on February 09, 2015, 21:48:40
There i get only a window canel or buy???

Hmm you are correct, it is not possible to logout in Locus Free as you should be able to login only in test version. Otherwise all feature that require usage of Geocaching Live are available only in Locus Pro. So if you have working login in Locus Free, only way I see is to reset Locus preferences.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteOtherwise all feature that require usage of Geocaching Live are available only in Locus Pro
thats correct,
but especially for new users a not allways visible (well hidden) GS-login function is a deterrence to use Locus Free and parhaps later on to buy PRO :(
Also missing logout option in Free, keep in mind, a family with one device and different GS-accounts....

I think a always available  section login/logout in "Geocache settings" would be a benefit. to Free and PRO ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

do not understand, sorry. Login to geocaching in Locus is possible only in Locus Pro (if we do not count a testing version of Locus Free). Every feature that require geocaching live, should open a window with login options. Such window should not be visible in Locus Free so there is no option to login at all. Because of this, there should be no reason for "logout" option. Or am I missing something? :)
  •  

stebu

Quote from: menion on February 14, 2015, 13:49:30
do not understand, sorry. Login to geocaching in Locus is possible only in Locus Pro (if we do not count a testing version of Locus Free). Every feature that require geocaching live, should open a window with login options. Such window should not be visible in Locus Free so there is no option to login at all. Because of this, there should be no reason for "logout" option. Or am I missing something? :)
Yes, just as Balloni55 said: there are e.g. families with more than one account. So if they have only one device with them, they need the option to log out and log in as another player.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on February 14, 2015, 13:49:30
Login to geocaching in Locus is possible only in Locus Pro (if we do not count a testing version of Locus Free). Every feature that require geocaching live, should open a window with login options. Such window should not be visible in Locus Free so there is no option to login at all.

::) for me it is possible only with FREE 8)

My situation,
at the moment i have installed official Locus Free and Pro
my workflow:
- i log out PRO from GS and close PRO
- i reset FREE preferences, start it, download additional data
- i create a offline log with FREE
- now i open "FieldNotes" and proceed "upload Fieldnote" with FREE
- login to GS with successfull upload of this fieldnote
see attached video
- while opening my account on PC i see this uploaded fieldnote :)
- to verify i open PRO > i am furtermore logged off on GS

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

ah, then you found nice small issue. This function should not work in Locus Free. And "Logout" in case of more people using one app make sense. For now, you may simply tap for example on "Get list of PocketQueries", then cancel result and you should see "Logout" button at top of Geocaching tools list.
  •